Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

Courses  todd  hydrobath  dryer  grooming  savel  

Grooming courses

+16
poodle3081
Chris
B&B
Bed and Biscuits
mutleymanor
ashababe2002
Sinner
poochpamperer
yapidiyap
Donna
CoatCutter
littles
Admin
peke-lover
Jacqui
justpets
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Grooming courses - Page 2 Empty Re: Grooming courses

Post by poodle3081 Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:33 pm

If you require training in salon grooming then these guys are great http://dogdiversity.com.au/

poodle3081

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:33 pm

For anyone here who does not already know Chris streams his grooming from his Canberra Salon Tuesday-Saturday which also has a chat you can join to ask questions or just have a casual chat

http://www.justin.tv/poodleantics

If you get a chance you should check in and check it out
Cheers
Donna
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by B&B Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:55 pm

Cheers for advice ppl, Im going to take the freee option for the time being. Dont have the funds for anything formal at the moment. Hopefully towards the end of next year...

Got my 3 Kenchiis, they're training me at the moment they are so awesome lol
B&B
B&B

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaBear Wed May 16, 2012 3:59 pm

I completed the Certificate III in Companion Animal Services with the Pet Stylist Academy http://www.petdirectory.com.au/?page=directory&listingid=26340&country=1§ion=1 last year. During this time I was appalled at how the course was run. I have done a number of courses in my time, and have never seen a training course that was so unorganised. You basically had to fight to receive any decent training at all. I felt that I had paid $6000 to get yelled at, put down, and used as cheap labour...very disappointing.

BellaBear

Back to top Go down

Post by barnhens Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:26 pm

Justpets, I can completely relate. 

I'm going through this right now with them. I can't even begin to explain the trouble I've had. I said to my husband a few weeks ago that I have the feeling they will not let me pass the course out of spite all because I asked for explanations on a few things I didn't understand and they didn't like it. 

Today, I was locked out and they consistently ignore my correspondence asking legitimate questions like: 

'Can I please get a receipt for payment?', this took almost three months to get and I was sent several emails saying I was rude when I couldn't actually get a word in when trying to discuss things.
'Is there another way to get to the link you have supplied as it's not working and hasn't been for weeks?', they tell me it's just me and then it magically works.

I could go on and on.

I too asked for a refund and they refused.  It took them weeks to even give me access to the course I enrolled in after advertising 'instant access'. I'm still waiting for access to the second of the two courses they told me I could work on at the same time. 

This course is cheap, most of the course directs you to youtube videos which most of us have probably already watched, they are not honest and their training interface is very clunky, lots of typos and links that just don't work. Get on Youtube and save yourself some cash on this one or find a reputable course.

Wish I'd found your feedback earlier Cheryl but I have to say that I feel better for myself to know it's not just me but a little more annoyed that this is obviously what they do...

Last edited by barnhens on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

barnhens

Back to top Go down

Post by barnhens Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:01 am

Oh my goodness BellaBear, that is terrible. So much money to come out the end feeling like that is disgusting. Seems it's hard to find reputable training programs. 

Everyone keeps saying it, so that's the way I'm going now, self learning via online searching.

Some of these posts are old and I'd love to know how everyone is going now, eg. still in business, is business good, etc, etc.

barnhens

Back to top Go down

Post by snaggywoo Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:18 am

Sorry to hear you guys had terrible experiences. Sounds like scam training?

As for some of us forum oldies.... I made lots of posts 12-18 months ago. Haven't made so many posts lately for good reasons... yes business is going well. I have plenty of clients and the reason I don't post as much is I'm too busy! lol!

I was able to get some work experience in a salon and learn that way. I think it was a great way to get "real world" experience. I don't think it is easy to find a course where people are prepared to go nice and slow and have the time to explain things simply because of the costs involved (time cost mostly as a learner would probably blow the time out to double for a particular groom). 

Once you get to a point where you can groom with your L plates on (you think you can continue your grooming education safely on your own) you will find that nothing beats experience. I found I learned heaps in the first 6 months of being out on my own and simply evaluating what I did and perfecting things. Mostly my grooming came on in leaps and bounds as my animal handling experience increased and only time will get you that. But at least I had somewhere to start having done some salon work experience and I was confident I could groom safely if I kept my wits about me.

I think you have to carefully evaluate what many grooming courses will give you and what your goals are. There are courses out there to teach you more of a "show grooming" style yet if you are going to groom in a mobile trailer it is all about handling animals that may not get groomed often and dealing with matted messes. I was never taught how to shave the man bits of a dog to the skin in any training but I think its my most valuable skill now and I do it several times a week! lol!
snaggywoo
snaggywoo

Back to top Go down

Post by sallitajane Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Hi,
Was wondering if anyone has completed or knows anyone who has done the TAFE course at Richmond. NSW

sallitajane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2