Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

todd  savel  Courses  hydrobath  dryer  grooming  

Work Wanted - Pet Retail Based VIC

+3
Westie
peke-lover
justagroomer
7 posters

Go down

Work Wanted - Pet Retail Based VIC Empty Work Wanted - Pet Retail Based VIC

Post by justagroomer Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:41 pm

Well, now that its quieting down for winter I've been laid off and I'm seeking a position in the animal industry. I have grooming experience but am after a non-grooming role (but am happy to lend a hand in times of need) and am looking at a grooming salon reception or retail/pet shop assistant etc. I am self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed with qualifications in Veterinary Nursing, Animal Nutrition and Grooming with experience in grooming/retail/pet shop environments.

I reside in Emerald VIC and all I require is good public transport nearby, other than that I am happy to travel. Preferably part-time, Tuesdays to Fridays, occasional weekend work.
If anyone has any openings or know of anyone please let me know. I can send my CV and cover letter to anyone interested. Otherwise email me at: i_groom@yahoo.com.au

Thank-you
justagroomer
justagroomer

Back to top Go down

Work Wanted - Pet Retail Based VIC Empty Re: Work Wanted - Pet Retail Based VIC

Post by peke-lover Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:18 pm

justagroomer wrote:Well, now that its quieting down for winter I've been laid off and I'm seeking a position in the animal industry. I have grooming experience but am after a non-grooming role (but am happy to lend a hand in times of need) and am looking at a grooming salon reception or retail/pet shop assistant etc. I am self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed with qualifications in Veterinary Nursing, Animal Nutrition and Grooming with experience in grooming/retail/pet shop environments.

I reside in Emerald VIC and all I require is good public transport nearby, other than that I am happy to travel. Preferably part-time, Tuesdays to Fridays, occasional weekend work.
If anyone has any openings or know of anyone please let me know. I can send my CV and cover letter to anyone interested. Otherwise email me at: i_groom@yahoo.com.au

Thank-you

Good luck Justagroomer. It's quietened down for me too since the cooler weather kicked in about 2 weeks ago, so guess we're in for the winter times ahead. Hoping you pick up something that will keep you going, you should have no problems with all those qualifications!! let us know how you go. lisa.
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Westie Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:02 pm

I thought it might just be me with less bookings happening. Thought we'd get another month of flat out at least. Good luck with the job hunt. My franchisor is looking for a p/t mobile groomer, if you're interested check out the thread.

Westie

Back to top Go down

Post by justagroomer Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:42 pm

Thanks guys, I know many groomers now are quieting down but being on contract if theres not enough dogs then one of us doesn't come in (usually me, unfortunately). I appreciate the mobile grooming offer but I live with someone who is also a mobile groomer and there'd be too much competition in the area Smile
I'll keep you posted if anything pops up and its appreciated if you could let me know if you spot something, happy grooming everyone Razz
justagroomer
justagroomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim's Dog Wash Vic Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi justagroomer, we require someone to work in the eastern suburbs, however we are mobile based. You would need a car to tow the trailer. We have no shortage of work, in fact over the past six weeks, we have turned away over 600 new customers, just because our 20 franchisees have way too much work. I am desperate to find someone to help take this work, either as an employee or a sub contractor. Let me know if anyone is interested, 0411 131 546 or craigp @ jimsdogwash.com.au

Jim's Dog Wash Vic

Back to top Go down

Post by UNM Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:43 pm

justagroomer wrote:Thanks guys, I know many groomers now are quieting down but being on contract if theres not enough dogs then one of us doesn't come in (usually me, unfortunately). I appreciate the mobile grooming offer but I live with someone who is also a mobile groomer and there'd be too much competition in the area Smile 
I'll keep you posted if anything pops up and its appreciated if you could let me know if you spot something, happy grooming everyone  Razz

Well, if you wanted to try mobile grooming, I would consider a part time  subcontractor deal. Things are not getting quiet here in Glen Waverley. Still booking in $350-500 a day.

Got the impression from your first post you wanted a change though

UNM

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:27 pm

Hi all.  You'll notice under the title of the topic the date the topic was replied and by who.  This is an old thread dated back at 2009 before Jim's post...Rolling Eyes
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by UNM Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:04 pm

D'oh!

I didn't even look at last post date prior to Craig's post for Jim's group  above.

Pretty sure justagroomer will have sorted something by now.

UNM

Back to top Go down

Post by stopnpaws Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi justagroomer

Wanting to know if you have found work you are happy with.  I have a dog grooming salon in Bayside Melbourne and we are currently seeking an experienced groomer for a minimum of 3 days a week including some Saturdays.  If you are interested, please give me a call (Michelle) on 0411 566 562.

Thanks

stopnpaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down