Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

todd  hydrobath  dryer  Courses  grooming  savel  

grooming certification

4 posters

Go down

grooming certification Empty grooming certification

Post by Cally Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:09 pm

hi all I just wanted to share with you my experience into becoming a certified groomer. I live in Melbourne and had had my name down with a well known college here that offers a certified dog grooming course. The place was "being held for me" (I choose to with hold the name so as not to upset anyone!!) When it came close to the starting date and I hadn't heard anything I rang them and was informed they had over booked the course so I could be fitted into the next intake (6 month away mind you) obviously I wasn't happy with this as id already arranged time to full fill my full time commitments at collage. I began the hunt for another certified training collage and as luck (I like to think it was fate) I found VCDG (Victorian collage of dog grooming) when I rang my call was take in a professional yet friendly manner, I wasn't handed from one department to the next, my call was dealt with then and there.
I decided, after talking with Kyile tattie (owner and trainer) that I would take a place at her school. she herself is a CMG and a CFMG.
 She has CMGs take her lectures and these people are "in the field" so they are current with breed trends, clipping trends and offer unbelievable one on one care, where as the other provider offered up to 12 per class, this is a max of 5 students to one lecturer.
I have been qualified now for a couple of months and am really enjoying my new career choice, I have also just completed my CFMG (certified feline master groomer) at VCDG with danelle german ( I believe she will be back out from the usa in September) and will also be completing my certification to do feline creative grooming with danelle.
so if you are considering doing your certification, either cert3, 4 or masters in either dog or cat grooming please give these guys a call, you wont regret it. I also know the help provide accommodation for international and interstate students, I don't know any other collage that do that!!
see ya for now, good luck xx

Cally

Back to top Go down

grooming certification Empty Re: grooming certification

Post by Chris Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:13 pm

It was fate, Kylie is awesome. 
The 1st place you tried I think I know who you mean and they are well known for letting you down on the day.
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaarli Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:20 pm

What is involved with be coming a certified groomer Cally?

Chaarli

Back to top Go down

Post by CoatCutter Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:02 pm

Great news Cally Cool
CoatCutter
CoatCutter
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content