Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

grooming  hydrobath  todd  savel  Courses  dryer  

courses direct any good ??

+2
yapidiyap
Kenmich
6 posters

Go down

courses direct any good ?? Empty courses direct any good ??

Post by Kenmich Fri May 03, 2013 8:49 pm

I am going to get practical experience with a groomer, just wondering if anyone has done or heard of this course, it is not nationally accredited but is a diploma in pet grooming course, seems very thorough. Im wondering whether to do this course for the theory aspects it is $999. Seems more grooming focused than the accredited courses..... www.coursesdirect.com.au/courses/animal-studies-courses/diploma-in-pet-grooming

Kenmich

Back to top Go down

courses direct any good ?? Empty Re: courses direct any good ??

Post by yapidiyap Fri May 03, 2013 10:29 pm

It sounds very comprehensive, but, if it was me I would want a more hands-on type of training. Not saying that it won't be worth while It's hard to say unless you go through that type of course
yapidiyap
yapidiyap

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenmich Sat May 04, 2013 9:40 am

I already have the hands on part with a local groomer, thought this might be a way to fill in any gaps, get a piece of paper, bothers me that its not accredited though but there really isnt anything else thats specifically grooming and accredited

Kenmich

Back to top Go down

Post by poodle3081 Sat May 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Using the word Diploma is misleading as this is a level of qualification in the AQF (Australian Qualifications Framework) http://www.aqf.edu.au/AbouttheAQF/AQFQualifications/tabid/98/Default.aspx. As there is no such course nationally recognised the piece of paper is carries little weight. There are a number of providers across Australia that will be delivering the new nationally recognised grooming qualification.
Contact Deb Ryan http://www.doggroomingaustralia.com.au/ as you can do the theory online and have your practical skills assessed.

poodle3081

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenmich Sat May 04, 2013 12:34 pm

My problem with the accredited course is that it is a few (actually only 2 modules in Cert 3) modules of dog grooming hidden within the Certificate III and IV in Companion Animal Services ACM30410 and doesn't seem to go anywhere near far enough and its not even called a Dog Grooming Certificate. Cert 3 is a base level qualification, I am looking for something with some weight behind it, so either a basic accredited certificate or a Diploma that's not accredited as there just doesn't seem to be anything that is really seriously a Dog Grooming certified qualification.

Kenmich

Back to top Go down

Post by poodle3081 Sat May 04, 2013 1:16 pm

There is a new cert III and IV specifically in dog grooming that has recently been accredited. Anyone can start up training website and print out a piece of paper with Diploma/Degree on it.

poodle3081

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenmich Mon May 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Who is offering the new certs in grooming I haven't seen them advertised yet?

Kenmich

Back to top Go down

Post by SamAus Thu May 09, 2013 6:09 pm

One of my staff did the course but she found it very hard to follow, and there is very little support.

There was also a few differences with what they teach and for example a vet nursing course (eg: different names for body parts, differ methods to grooming)

SamAus

Back to top Go down

Post by UNM Mon May 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Kenmich wrote:Who is offering the new certs in grooming I haven't seen them advertised yet?

My franchisor is requiring all of the current and future franchisees to get this training.

Sunraysia institute and Dog Diversity ate our preferred trainers. I am sure there will be other places offering it soon.

I am not doing it as I am currently selling my business.

UNM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenmich Mon May 13, 2013 5:04 pm

Is that cert 3 or 4 for the franchisees, im going to dog diversity and they only have cert 3 atm

Kenmich

Back to top Go down

Post by UNM Wed May 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Kenmich wrote:Is that cert 3 or 4 for the franchisees, im going to dog diversity and they only have cert 3 atm

Good question.
At our national conference last year when they announced it, the qualification was described as certificate three/four. As I was not enrolling, I did not confirm details, but think it was still under development and included elements of existing certificate three and four courses.

I don't know the Australian national accreditation system, but imagine it would either end up as certificate three OR four depending on what the certifying body decided. I shall ask as whoever buys my business will be required to complete the training.

UNM

Back to top Go down

Post by UNM Thu May 16, 2013 9:30 am

Apparently our franchisee training picks appropriate modules from both certificate three and four courses so is a hybrid.

UNM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenmich Thu May 16, 2013 3:39 pm

That sounds good at least they are prob picking the best of them

Kenmich

Back to top Go down

Post by romashka81 Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:44 pm

Sorry if Im off-topic, but trying to find information about the certificate of grooming. Im new at this forum. I would like to be a groomer. I am thinking to study in Russia and get an international certificate at Grooming Academy. Is it important to get Australian certificate? Is it possible to get a job in Australia with international certificate? I have a chance to get some experiance with grooming in France. Will it help to get a job in Australia?
romashka81
romashka81

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down