Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

grooming  Courses  todd  dryer  savel  hydrobath  

Help! Advice on insurances for a new sole trader

2 posters

Go down

Help! Advice on insurances for a new sole trader Empty Help! Advice on insurances for a new sole trader

Post by Wooferwasher Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi there
I'm starting out on my own working from home and interested to know what other sole traders get in terms of groomers' insurance. Is just public and product liability enough or would I be crazy to not get personal injury cover as well? Because I'm just starting up the commitment of $50-$80 a month is daunting when I'm only doing 1-2 jobs a month on average. Advice welcomed 😊

Wooferwasher

Back to top Go down

Help! Advice on insurances for a new sole trader Empty Re: Help! Advice on insurances for a new sole trader

Post by snaggywoo Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:02 am

I am a mobile groomer so I have insurance for the trailer, car, products and public liability. I was told you can only get personal income insurance if your business is your primary fulltime income.

I think you are on the right track with public liability and product/equipment insurance for now (you obviously don't need car+trailer). When your income becomes more significant then I would look at adding personal income insurance. At the moment there is little to insure if you don't have many customers and I'm sure they would ask you what you're business earnings are when they give you a figure they are willing to insure you for.

Hope that helps Smile
snaggywoo
snaggywoo

Back to top Go down