Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

dryer  hydrobath  Courses  savel  todd  grooming  

Clipping designs

+3
peke-lover
Donna
GroomRoom
7 posters

Go down

Clipping designs Empty Clipping designs

Post by GroomRoom Thu May 07, 2009 1:29 pm

I haven't had the opportunity to do much creative stuff on any clients dogs but today a client asked that when I do her dog next week if I could do some stars on him. He is a schnauzer x and he gets a #7 all over with a schnauzer beard. I am no good at free hand stuff so could I stencil a star on him then clip it out or is there a easier way?I thought that I could even get some colour and colour the skin maybe!!!
Chris did one at the grooming school when I was there(free hand) but I have not attempted one myself, here are some pics

Clipping designs Groomi10

Clipping designs Groomi11

Clipping designs Groomi13
GroomRoom
GroomRoom

Back to top Go down

Clipping designs Empty Re: Clipping designs

Post by Donna Thu May 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Hey Brooke that looks really cool!!! Were they happy with the finished product??
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Thu May 07, 2009 4:38 pm

Is the photo with the dog with stars a previous one? That looks awesome though, must try that on Daisy. I guess a stencil would be better for sure, especially with smaller shapes, wouldn't like to do it freehand. I did Daisy's coat freehand but that was just a line and that was hard enough, as in, if you get the line wrong, there's not much you can do about it. Also with the smaller shapes, you'd have to use a very small clipper. I've used the pet mate I think it's called, you told me it might cause clipper rash just to jog your memory, but sure enough, it caused a rash in Daisy when i did a couple of triangles in the clip she's got the other day. Lots of fun though, let me know how you go.
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by GroomRoom Thu May 07, 2009 5:45 pm

peke-lover wrote:Is the photo with the dog with stars a previous one? That looks awesome though, must try that on Daisy. I guess a stencil would be better for sure, especially with smaller shapes, wouldn't like to do it freehand. I did Daisy's coat freehand but that was just a line and that was hard enough, as in, if you get the line wrong, there's not much you can do about it. Also with the smaller shapes, you'd have to use a very small clipper. I've used the pet mate I think it's called, you told me it might cause clipper rash just to jog your memory, but sure enough, it caused a rash in Daisy when i did a couple of triangles in the clip she's got the other day. Lots of fun though, let me know how you go.

The photo is of a dog that my grooming teacher did while I was at her school, I have not attempted one yet Neutral
GroomRoom
GroomRoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2009 7:18 pm

peke-lover wrote: but sure enough, it caused a rash in Daisy ..

Shocked Daisy abuse!!! affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Westie Thu May 07, 2009 7:39 pm

What is the paint she is using Brooke? It looks awesome!

Westie

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Thu May 07, 2009 7:40 pm

He he, keep trying Aunty Andie

Here's a picture I just took of Daisy now with the 'triangles', there's one at both ends of the diamond shape, you just can't see the top one because her head is up. I'd be interested to know what clippers your teacher used to achieve the star and get the points of the star so sharp, because the 'pet mate' is not suitable. Oh, also an extra pic Andie just for you.

Clipping designs Sdc10612

Clipping designs Sdc10614
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by GroomRoom Thu May 07, 2009 8:05 pm

Here's a picture I just took of Daisy now with the 'triangles', there's one at both ends of the diamond shape, you just can't see the top one because her head is up. I'd be interested to know what clippers your teacher used to achieve the star and get the points of the star so sharp, because the 'pet mate' is not suitable. Oh, also an extra pic Andie just for you.

If I remember rightly she used a little battery operated clipper with a approx 2cm wide #40 blade. The dye she used was dyex painted on with a paintbrush.
GroomRoom
GroomRoom

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Thu May 07, 2009 8:26 pm

That is really cute on Daisy!!!!
The star is inspiring, now I want to do that on someone...I have a mini arco that I'm sure would do the job..
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Thu May 07, 2009 9:00 pm

Looks great. Can't wait to see more. bounce bounce
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Oh my, hasn't Daisy gotten fluffy! I'd like to see her colored! Those fluffy legs would look good pink!! Actually, i think i prefer her all clipped off..now that's a good "easel" for painting on.

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Thu May 07, 2009 10:22 pm

GroomRoom wrote:If I remember rightly she used a little battery operated clipper with a approx 2cm wide #40 blade. The dye she used was dyex painted on with a paintbrush.

That's what I'm calling my 'pet mate', interesting.

qashmir wrote:Oh my, hasn't Daisy gotten fluffy! I'd like to see her colored! Those fluffy legs would look good pink!! Actually, i think i prefer her all clipped off..now that's a good "easel" for painting on.

Sorry Andie, just can't do 'pink'. Yes she has got fluffy, it's a bit of an experiment to see how it looks as her coat gets longer, but just hang out till summer again and she'll be back to short.
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by GroomRoom Thu May 07, 2009 10:59 pm

lorie wrote:That is really cute on Daisy!!!!
The star is inspiring, now I want to do that on someone...I have a mini arco that I'm sure would do the job..

my weimaraner is looking like the perfect guinea pig and I have a pair of wahl mini trimmers..........oh what to do Smile
GroomRoom
GroomRoom

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Thu May 07, 2009 11:12 pm

Do it!!
Forgive my ignorance, do you guys have any Holidays where stars are involved? We have quite a few..
Can I print that pic? I'd love to hang it in the shop foyer, maybe someone will want one for July 4...or Memorial Day...
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

Post by CoatCutter Fri May 08, 2009 8:39 am

Maybe Aussies could do a seven pointed star - called the Federation Star - that's on the Aussie flag.

BTW, when Jeanette went away, I took to her dog with the clippers and did a bit of carving too... more organic and assymetric. It's OK though, 'cause I did my dog a few weeks ago too Wink . I'll try and get some pics today.
CoatCutter
CoatCutter
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by GroomRoom Fri May 08, 2009 10:59 am

lorie wrote:Do it!!
Forgive my ignorance, do you guys have any Holidays where stars are involved? We have quite a few..
Can I print that pic? I'd love to hang it in the shop foyer, maybe someone will want one for July 4...or Memorial Day...
I have no idea if you can print off this forum but if you can't then pm me and I will email it to you Smile
GroomRoom
GroomRoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down