Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

hydrobath  Courses  grooming  todd  dryer  savel  

Daisy Mascot

+22
Lesley
mutleymanor
StarDreaming
DoggyDoos
Sinner
lorie
GroomRoom
Rosie
pawsenses
CanadianGroomer
petgroomaustralia
hayley
Susanne
Westie
kasz
Donna
Tail's a Waggin'
peke-lover
Coatsntails
Emmalovesbeth
CoatCutter
Admin
26 posters

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Daisy  Mascot - Page 7 Empty Re: Daisy Mascot

Post by peke-lover Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:43 pm

So i took Daisy for a very big walk today. This is a walk my sister in law and friend do every Saturday. The friend decides to bring her puppy so i thought it was a good chance to bring Daisy along and see how she went as i usually don't bring her. The history of the peke is that they were originally bred for sitting on silk cushions and bred with short noses and bowed legs so they wouldn't wander far from the palaces, so the story goes, so Daisy's never been a great walker of long distances. So we know Daisy's there from the snuffling behind us, then it all goes quiet, we look behind us and she's as flat as a pancake lying on the path. Soft touch mum gives in and carrys her until her hips are giving out, so put Daisy back down again to walk some more. I look behind and she does the flat out thing twice more but mum toughens up and ignores it, so she follows. We made it back to the car and she's planted herself by the drinking trough made especially for the dogs and won't come when she's called, so i do what you do to all kids and walk off saying goodbye to her. By the time I got the car keys in the car she was galloping ! Oh dear, next time she can just stay at home No

Daisy  Mascot - Page 7 Sdc10810

Love Daisy I love you
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatsntails Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:02 pm

How dare you make her walk, she is used to a life of luxury. She must be exhausted.
Coatsntails
Coatsntails

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:05 pm

Too funny Lisa...Yeah that trick works for me with my Peppa also...They can be very cheeky sometimes huh lol!
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by StarDreaming Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:17 pm

You bad bad mother ~ making your princess WALK !!!!!! No No pale No No pale
StarDreaming
StarDreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by DoggyDoos Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:40 pm

I have 2 Peke's that I groom that do exactly the same thing. They just refuse to stand up, and just lie there on their bellies.
DoggyDoos
DoggyDoos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinner Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:57 am

Poor baby!!!! That's why they have short legs.....just made for lying down...!!! Thanks for the story.....I could picture every moment...LOL!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Sinner
Sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by CoatCutter Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:47 am

Ohhh, the inhumanity... having to walk Shocked Is she a bit of a drama queen ? Razz
CoatCutter
CoatCutter
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:55 am

i guess we should explore the history of the breed...... they were bred to sit on the steps of imperial palaces' as decoration,looking gorjus.Bent legs so they couldnt wander to far. Bark to alert the pack of man eating mastiffs to come deal with intruders as that is a job completely beneath them . If they ever needed to go anywhere ,they were transported in the sleeves of the kimono type robes,hence why you will sometimes still hear the tiny runty type pekes called "sleeve pekes" .
So Lisa i suggest you go Kimono shopping.

Admin
Non Active Admin - Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:14 am

OOOHHHHH Daisey and Lisa that is sooooooo funny.

I've had the same experience with my nans cocker spaniel "Quincy"

When poor Nan had to be placed into a home years ago no body in the family would give poor Quincy a home for his retirement. Years of loyality to my grandmother. This made me cross with my family as I thought the poor old fella deserved better so of corse John and I took him in with our Rotti at the time Waldo.

It didn't take long before Quincy was standing over our poor Wal but he put up with it well.
So Quincy was used to sitting on Nans lap and eating Tim Tams most nights and suffering demensia she was unaware that he was now 27kg. (bless her she was killing him with kindness)

Waldo and I used to walk quite a distance so for Quincy we went a little slower. One day we went down this big hill that we had done plenty of times before. Down one side along the path and up the other side.

Not this day......... Got down that big hill and half way along the path before Quincy did a Daisey and went flat on the ground. Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm sure caring a peke back up hill would be easeier than a 27kg cocker spaniel. It took me about five goes to get back up the hill as I'd have to stop and rest. I had to get John to come and pick him up in the car as I couldn' t make the distance home. lol! lol!
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Sarah that's hilarious, i can just see it.

I had a similar experience with my aunty's quite healthy and agile red heeler X (on the bigger side). I was new to kalgoorlie and had no experience with these damn double g's, I walked her unknowingly into the middle of the biggest patch of them I'm sure i could find. Of course the dog was stuck, every time i got one paw clear, she would put that foot down again and get another paw full so I had to pick her up and carry her out of the patch. Of course in true Lisa fashion, it just had to be near the busiest road with cars whizzing by and I was so red faced. Talk about looking like the foreigner!
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:08 pm

I can just see DAisy galloping to the car.. Very Happy
What are double G'S??
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:05 am

argggh, the bane (sp?) of living in Australia, probably more so in the country, I'm sure the others will fill you in. They are 3 pronged thorns that when you are not used to them with your lilly white soft skinned feet, hurt like %&*@ !! Actually I rousied (sp? again - means the person who handles the wool off the sheep once the shearer has shorn it) in Queensland many years ago and the double g's were all through the wool. Instead of putting soothing cream on their hands at the end of the day, they put kerosene on them to harden up the skin !! Needless to say I failed miserably at that job and ended up becoming the cook for the team which was a whole lot more fun.
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by StarDreaming Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:40 pm

peke-lover wrote: They are 3 pronged thorns that when you are not used to them with your lilly white soft skinned feet, hurt like %&*@ !!

In NSW we call them "devil thorns" they look like little devil heads Twisted Evil
StarDreaming
StarDreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:58 pm

Devil Thorns - that's a much more appropriate name than 'Double g's', I'm going to use that name from now on
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:45 pm

do you mean what we call the little '3 corner jacks' or the grandaddy version called Caltrop ??

we have managed to rid our place of caltrop but we have to watch out when we're out n about.

Admin
Non Active Admin - Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:54 pm

yes Caltrop, that's the correct word for it. When we first found out what they were in our first rental in Kalgoorlie, we were so excited to have all those pretty flowering plants ALL over our backyard !!! After many attempts to get rid of them, we found the best way of doing it. One chair, one bucket and a pair on thongs (that's jandals for us Barb before you think I'm out there scaring the neighbours senseless!) Put on thongs, stomp on ground in one spot, sit on chair, use heavy duty leather glove to wipe 'devil thorns' off bottom of thong, repeat. Very time consuming but effective. Can't see you doing that though Tammy over 20 acres. Other than that it's a bobcat taking off the top layer of soil and dumping it a long way away!
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:12 pm

Admin wrote:i guess we should explore the history of the breed...... they were bred to sit on the steps of imperial palaces' as decoration,looking gorjus.Bent legs so they couldnt wander to far. Bark to alert the pack of man eating mastiffs to come deal with intruders as that is a job completely beneath them . If they ever needed to go anywhere ,they were transported in the sleeves of the kimono type robes,hence why you will sometimes still hear the tiny runty type pekes called "sleeve pekes" .
So Lisa i suggest you go Kimono shopping.

I tried to take a photo of Daisy in true 'Kimono' style tonight, the problem was both my arm and her couldn't fit in my dressing gown, so this was the outcome. Funny thing is, she fell asleep as soon as she was in there (and still is!) A true Pekingese.

Daisy  Mascot - Page 7 P6070210

Love Daisy I love you
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:17 pm

LOL! You made her squishy face even squishier!!!

Gawd love her!!! She makes me melt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:19 pm

I need to know... did she get pushed in thru the armpit end, pushed backward through the wrist end, or was the sleeve pulled up over her from the tail end?

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:23 pm

LOL Andie, she got pushed in through from the armpit end, promptly fell asleep, then when the puffing became too much she got 'exited' out the hole while my husband played 'catch' and caught her as she came out. Good thing that nothing much bothers her.
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:29 pm

I'm glad that Daisy is so co-operative, but MOSTLY i'm glad that you guys are happy to spend your time playing dress ups and doing photo sessions with your extremely cute dog!!! Thanks Lisa xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:12 am

Thanx again Lisa for another adorable pic of your gorgeous little girl......Her squishy face really is a delight to see and puts a smile on my face every time i see it I love you
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinner Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:14 am

That pic is sooooo precious....Huge cuddle coming up !!!!Thanks Lisa Very Happy Very Happy
Sinner
Sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by CoatCutter Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:22 am

You could smuggle her to MEL like that.
CoatCutter
CoatCutter
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down