Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

hydrobath  grooming  Courses  dryer  todd  savel  

Where do puppies come from????

+4
Tail's a Waggin'
bdavey
Emmalovesbeth
DoggyDoos
8 posters

Go down

Where do puppies come from???? Empty Where do puppies come from????

Post by DoggyDoos Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:00 pm

This practice must be stopped. Society must look at the cost of this. The price is too high for those suffering.

Have some tissues handy. Sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpBMwT5L6PI

Trish
DoggyDoos
DoggyDoos

Back to top Go down

Where do puppies come from???? Empty Re: Where do puppies come from????

Post by Emmalovesbeth Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:46 pm

SICK SICK SICK SICK &%$%*^*)%%$##*%$^%&^*&*)(_)(*$%#@!#$%^&*(*&^%$#@!#$%^&*()*&^$#@#$%^Y&UII(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()(*^$%#@#$%^&*(...
Emmalovesbeth
Emmalovesbeth

Back to top Go down

Where do puppies come from???? Empty Where do puppies come from

Post by bdavey Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:53 pm

Don't often post but that was disgusting. I am so glad my dogs are rescues and I will never buy from a pet shop!
bdavey
bdavey

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:13 pm

Sorry Trish. I'm not even going to look now. Distressing and Disturbing and I didn't even have to go to the link. Mad Crying or Very sad Sad
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatsntails Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:26 pm

Can't watch any more. Oh for a shotgun.

On a nicer note but still weepy is this lovely email I got today.

A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS.........
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me, please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
~Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them.
Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters.
~Now please pass this on to other pet owners. We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!
Coatsntails
Coatsntails

Back to top Go down

Post by DoggyDoos Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:28 pm

It is very sad that the public do not realise where the cute little puppies in the pet shop come from, and what atrocious conditions they are born in, and that their parents continue to live in.

My dogs are also rescue dogs. I would never buy from a pet shop either. I also try and educate my clients to adopt from a rescue organisation. I wish that the RSPCA would shut these places down, and that the government would create laws that would protect these poor little creatures.
DoggyDoos
DoggyDoos

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:34 pm

Beautiful Vanda. Did make me cry though... Sad

I promise you Wilbur nothing but the best life and number 10. You just don't have to ask that one.

Waldo didn't and neither will you.
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:15 am

Lovely thought Vanda...Thanx for sharing them I love you
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Westie Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:58 pm

What a beautiful poem Vanda.
I can't check out the link Trish, these things just make me sick to my stomach.
I tried to explain to an existing client today, whose daughter just bought a hugely expensive lab pup from the local pet shop, that this is such a bad idea cos it encourages the wrong people to breed dogs. Met with a blank stare as per.
We've just gotta keep spreading the message!!

Westie

Back to top Go down

Post by StarDreaming Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Two of my beautiful standard poodles came to me from conditions as where on that clip,

Boston (Blue boy)in my aviatar was only 8 months old, we collected him from goulburn in NSW BUT he was saved from a puppy farm somewhere near canberra....... he had never had clippers on him,was covered in horse poo when we got him,is terrified on men in hats,and will not go outside at night,if the kids are fighting(as boys do) he climbs under the desk or table.... he can't have certain foods as they go through him. We have had him 12 months now and he is getting better BUT will never be a regular dog..

Beauty(my white girl) was 13 months when we got her in March this year and was skin and bone her weight was 16 kg she is now 20kg with more to put on(she was a slight covering over her ribs now) She had yellow urine staining to her fur up to her hocks, she was badly matted that I clipped her off with #10, #15,#30 blades just to get the coat off her,her nails have nearly grown out they where soft and discoloured from been in the urine, she was housed in a shed with over 100 other dogs.. I took us over a week to teach her to eat from a bowl and she has only just discovered that running on grass is really fun,she is also learning what toys are, before she just sat and watched the others play now she is starting to join in the fun.... she was purchased as a puppy from a breeder in Qld, I only know that as she was microchiped and we traced it back....they didn't know that she was heading for a puppy farm, they thought that they had sold her to a nice family...!!!!!

I tell my clients my dogs stories and I try to educate them about puppy farms, some people didn't even know about them, I tell them not to purchase from pet shops and I hope that I'm making a difference....
StarDreaming
StarDreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Westie Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:20 pm

This is why a lot of breeders conduct such thorough interviews with potential owners, to try and avoid selling to a puppy farmer but it still happens Sad
And clients I show articles to and try to explain the situation, without giving a lecture, are generally horrified but find it hard to fathom.
We just have to keep spreading the message that the dogs live in horrifying concentration camps and hope that one day pets sold in pet shops will only be those that the animal shelters are trying to rehome.

Westie

Back to top Go down

Post by Westie Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:23 pm

PS I bet the breeder was rapt to hear that you rescued their baby and have given her a good home. Well done on giving them good homes.
Most breeders I know will only sell limited register pups to pet homes but this wouldn't stop a dedicated puppy mill. How revolting that there are people out there who would do that to an animal.

Westie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down