Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

todd  Courses  grooming  savel  hydrobath  dryer  

Victorians

4 posters

Go down

Victorians Empty Victorians

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:21 pm

Iam thinking of calling breeders/showies of different breeds and pay them to show me how to do their breeds trims in pet styles, talk about why they are trimmed like that ect. I thought that maybe other victorian groomers would be interested in going as a group here and there and watch and listen to people who have a vast knowledge in their breed, like a mini seminar, and maybe because there would be quite a few of us it wouldnt cost that much, MAYBE $50-$100 each time??. I wasnt thinking hands on more to watch them groom one of their dogs and talk about the breed (so no pressure). It wouldnt be very often maybe a different breed every 4-6months?? and I would probably max. it at 5 people so we could watch up close and not from far away from weird angles.

Thoughts?? and who would be interested????

And all the money you would put in would go to the instructor, food and venue, so this isnt a profit thing just a group of people wanting to keep learning and bettering their skills:D

Back to top Go down

Victorians Empty Re: Victorians

Post by Chase Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:38 pm

I think thats a great idea. only problem is hiring venues can be very expensive. If you are going to organise and want a hand just let me know im all in
Chase
Chase

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:46 pm

Actually i dont know much about the kcc park I know its near your end around narre warren but maybe they hire out venues
Chase
Chase

Back to top Go down

Post by DoggyDoos Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:54 pm

Sounds like a great idea. Perhaps the breeder may have room at their place to show us.

What type of breeds did you have in mind?
DoggyDoos
DoggyDoos

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Great thinking Sarah. Just go carefully. Don't want to be a wet blanket but we used to have other Forum members (no longer with us)with similar ideas. It all turned pretty sour due to lack of communication. I'm sure you'll get lot's of interest and help just try and keep everyone in the loop by posting regular updates and you'll be fine. You have my support..........Smile
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:41 am

I was thinking kcc park or bulla, even if one of the wholesalers has room or the breeders home.

With the breeds I thought we could decide that as a group but I thought Schnauzer would be good to start with.

I would just put the time and place on here???

I remember jodi murphy say once that even if you dont get a particular breed through your salon its still really good to know how to groom it because you can use features of that breed trim on cross bred dogs ect, she gave the example of the oodle and putting parts of the portugese features on them and other breeds aswell. Its also just good to know:D

Yey for everyones interest!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki68 Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:02 am

This is a great idea, but speaking as someone who has tried to do this in another club (Mustang club), it can get tricky when you look at hiring venues as things like insurance come in to play. A less formal arrangement may be better. I would definitely be interested if not too far away.

Nikki68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:10 pm

can I get conformation of who would go so when I approach a breeder/showie I have set numers:D

I think so far its

-Me, chase, Sarah, Doggy doos and maybe Nikki (which suburb do you live in nikki)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki68 Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:20 pm

I am interested, and am in central Victoria.

Nikki68

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Yes please for Schnauzer. I've been very keen to learn this one properly. Smile
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by DoggyDoos Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 pm

I am interested, but it would be dependant on what type of dogs we a looking at learning. Also would need a lot of advanced notice as most of my regulars have their appointments for the year already booked in.

Trish
DoggyDoos
DoggyDoos

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:35 pm

I am a def yes for any dog. as i said if you need help send me a massage even if you want to get together to organise it. i have family near your end so don't mind heading closer to you
Chase
Chase

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:50 am

Thanks chase!! Im going to call the schnauzer people and talk to them and see whos interested, I think I already know of one that would. I will aim for this to happen maybe in 2 months as Trish said people have appointments prebooked.

I wil pm you when it gets closer to the date:D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum