Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

savel  todd  dryer  hydrobath  Courses  grooming  

taking the step from a casual employee to permanent

4 posters

Go down

taking the step from a casual employee to permanent  Empty taking the step from a casual employee to permanent

Post by Cessnock Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi all,

hope you all had a great xmas & NY & life & work are great :-)

I have decided to take the next step & move my Casual girl up to full time employment. Shocked Scary stuff

So Im in the process is writing down some expectations etc to keep everything clear between us & hopefully continue to have a great working enviroment in place...there have been a few small issues happen (as with any working enviroment) & I think I need to have something in place to refer back to so I can nip them in the butt straight away.

Can you guys have a look & if you think any important of points I have missed let me know ..its only in draft form atm ...I would love feedback from both sides of the fence please :-)

Cessnock Grooming Salon &********* salon assistant part time position of 31 hours per week

Effective as of Tuesday 31 January 2012.

Employed under the Miscellaneous Award MA000104

Part time position hours are 9 am to 4 pm Tuesdays to Fridays with 12pm -12.30 as lunch break.

8am to 1pm Saturdays

Starting as a level 2 at 19 years old & to change with age/birthday to match the award

Levels to be increased at the completion of industry training courses or equivalent hands on experience ...these can be pet industry short courses, grooming school courses, TAFE grooming courses.

Reviews to take place at 6 monthly intervals.

Annual leave accrues progressively during the year to a total of 4 weeks. The salon closure over Christmas New year period being compulsory holidays .

The months of November & December no holiday time off is available, as this the peak grooming season.

Job description & duties etc..

*Answering phone enquiries in a professional & polite manner

*Talking face to face with clients in a professional & polite manner

*Ensuring a safe environment for clients/animals & staff

*Booking appointments, receiving payments, handling EFTPOS & banking of cash when required

*Picking up or dropping off of clients animals

*Maintaining a clean salon/work environment at all times, performing daily, weekly & monthly tasks as displayed in the salon

*Filling in Client charts

*Ensuring the control & safety of animals in our care

*Bathing, brushing, drying, nail clipping, ear cleaning, of dogs/cats

*Grooming/clipping dogs under supervision until such time as adequate experience is achieved to work alone & maintain salon standards

*To use tools & equipment for their correct purposes & to reduce any chance of damage being caused to these.

Other factors in regards to our working agreement

*Tools & equipment & consumables are supplied & owned by Cessnock Grooming Salon

*Clients serviced & ones that contact Cessnock Grooming Salon are owned by Cessnock Grooming

*To dress in a neat tidy manner with modesty & safety considered, work shirts & grooming jackets supplied by Cessnock Grooming Salon

*To limit personal calls/messages & Face Book time during working hours

*Stealing of equipment, money or clients will result in immediate dismissal
Cessnock
Cessnock

Back to top Go down

taking the step from a casual employee to permanent  Empty Re: taking the step from a casual employee to permanent

Post by Chris Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Looks good to me, there is one thing that would concern me is the 'picking up and dropping off' client doggies, will you supply the vehicle and if so maybe you need something in the agreement if they have a collision etc.

Would love to see the final...
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

taking the step from a casual employee to permanent  Empty Re: taking the step from a casual employee to permanent

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Chris has a very valid point. If she is using her car to pick up and deliver you will of coarse be paying fuel costs & insurance. All the rest would be obvious wouldn't it. Not a big one for work place agreements. Paper contracts are broken by employers/employee's all the time so who does it cover ? If it doesn't work out then unless theft is involved you wouldn't go after a nineteen year old for anything surely. Just because the client calls you for a booking doesn't mean you own them. They are free to use whom ever they prefer. I do understand your angel though.

I can't see the point but that's just my opinion. scratch
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Cessnock Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:32 pm

good point about the car ....for ease I may just leave hubby to do the drop offs & pick ups...(there is only 3 oldies that we do anyways ) ..never thought of what would happen if she had an accident... yay thats why I put this up :-)

Its not really to cover anyone more so that my expectations as an employer are clearly know to her...no grey areas so to speak that I want this in place ...we have a sat morning kid come in..& on those days She does not think she has to do anything but bath & clip & if its quiet she sits & does nothing ...even when I mention the other tasks she shrugs em off..such n such can do em ..hmmm In my salon everybody does everything ..including the bosses ..team effort to get the day complete works best....I dont pay you to facebook ;-)

I dont mean that I own the clients..they sure are welcome to use any groomer that they like :-) ..trying to get the point across that if a clients phones or is at the salon employee cannot say...'oh I can do it after hours for cheaper for you' kinda thing...or take their numbers home & contact them chasing work if she leaves us .... May need to reword that point too :-) any suggestions

Cheers for the feedback :-) appreciate it
Cessnock
Cessnock

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:02 pm

we have a sat morning kid come in..& on those days She does not think she has to do anything but bath & clip & if its quiet she sits & does nothing ...even when I mention the other tasks she shrugs em off..such n such can do em ..hmmm In my salon everybody does everything ..including the bosses ..team effort to get the day complete works best....I dont pay you to facebook ;-)

Just the way it should be however I just think a written piece of paper won't change that. If she is going to slack off and throw it on the other junior she will. A good work ethic and attitude won't come from a signed agreement. This has come from years of working with much younger staff in big companies. They can sign there life away as soon as your back is turned they will slack off unless they have the incentive not to. I've always admired and worked hard for employers that are hands on and team orientated. You can only hope your fine example of TEAM effort can rub off.

May need to reword that point too :-)
You are right and you would be furious to be undercut from someone you have put so much time into. Maybe... "the dog in my backyard bites so don't jump the fence :-0" taking the step from a casual employee to permanent  57425 taking the step from a casual employee to permanent  619788 You'll think of something....

What's the saying..."you never send an employee in to do what you wouldn't or haven't done yourself ". There shouldn't be any grey area when lead by your high example Nat.....
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by yapidiyap Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:23 am

I would add this just in case you have either left something out or if your business expands in other directions - "And to contribute as a team member to the overall smooth running of the salon."
i would also review every 3-4 months for a year, then increase it to 6 months after that.
yapidiyap
yapidiyap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down