Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

dryer  grooming  todd  hydrobath  savel  Courses  

Warts on dogs

2 posters

Go down

Warts on dogs Empty Warts on dogs

Post by Sinner Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:15 pm

Does anyone have concerns re "spreading" warts between dogs???? I have a bichon that has huge furuncle????sp. looking warts that crust up and annoy her. She chews a couple of them on her legs. Vet says they are ok too many to operate on and she is old, but I still dissinfect hydrobath.. blades grooming surfaces etc after she has been. I have another old min. poodle that has them and when I did her last time one wart looked dark and crusty...I sent her off to vet too. We tried a homeapathic remedy on the bichon last time and it settled the itch a little...she also gives apple cider vinegar in food.... She has taken to drying them out with hydrogen peroxide and they were a little "drier" last time I did her. Can anyone offer any other advice...I still wonder if another dog licked them if they would catch them...The vet says no, they are a virus which I have known and like humans however these look rather nasty...and obviosly some are uncomfotable to the dog... Question Question
Sinner
Sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:26 pm

I have two dogs. One has had some warts since he was only about a year old. The other has none. I use the same brushes ,combs, bath sponges and towels etc on both my dogs and the other one has never caught whatever it is that causes the warts.
Destiny
Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:22 pm

Well I thought Jasper had warts. One of them has turned out to be a cyst. He is having it removed on Tuesday so I will find out if the other lumps are warts then.
Destiny
Destiny

Back to top Go down

Warts on dogs Empty warts on dogs

Post by Sinner Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:56 am

Interesting that Jasper has cysts...good luck with his op. Amy ,the bichon has been to vet many times...she has those large furunclily type warts. My nience gave her a homeopathic remedy and she doest scratch or chew them as often. Her mum has been bathing them all in hydrogen peroxide now instead of apple cider vinegar. It has dried them out and of course whitened her coat. I keep her hair longer now on back and she definitely looks better and the warts are still large but not as "aggressive" looking...
Sinner
Sinner

Back to top Go down

Warts on dogs Empty Re: Warts on dogs

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down