Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

Courses  savel  dryer  grooming  hydrobath  todd  

Storing client info

+4
Sinner
Susanne
C.C
gumsgrooming
8 posters

Go down

Storing client info Empty Storing client info

Post by gumsgrooming Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi all I was wondering how you store your client info. i.e. so you use cards, pet business software etc

I am currently storing all my clients details in my iphone and computer address book, I have a mac so the update each other whenever they are synced together, I use the calender on both to book appts and have a card system to record what grooming i did each time.

being mobile I am finding it hard keeping on top of it all.

Any suggestions on how to streamline the process and make the records easy to access when I am on the go without having to write/type all the details in twice.

I like being able to search for a client by certain details ie. the dogs name, the first or surname as i have a bad memory as to who belongs to who.

thanks in advance

Carissa
gumsgrooming
gumsgrooming

Back to top Go down

Storing client info Empty storing records

Post by C.C Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:59 pm

For about 18 years I stored clients names by dog name and owner's surname, address etc in an indexed book allowing room to record the dates they came, plus the daily bookings diary in which I recorded what I did to the dog, and would fill it in at the end of each day. If I forgot a name it was just a matter of looking through the book. Depending on how full the indexed book was I would change it for a new one every year or two. I now use a card index system to do what the indexed book did ,but I'm finding I tend to lose the cards in the pages of the diary or put it back in the wrong place in the file. I'm not into computers much and would be worried about losing a phone. Hope this helps Smile
C.C
C.C

Back to top Go down

Storing client info Empty Re: Storing client info

Post by Susanne Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:20 pm

I still prefer a diary when mobile, and I store the client info on my accounting program at the end of the day, i keep their phone # in my mobile phone...
Susanne
Susanne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinner Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:15 am

I find index card system fine...Get out each client day before. sorted by surname...Keep daily cards with my diary...As dog is finished and collected make details on card ( do this after client has picked up so you can note any changes they want for next clip) I also sort through regularly and put aside any that havent been for about 6 months. You get to know the :REAL" regulars and the occassionals...But I only do a maximum of 6 or 7 in the summer months but it seemed to work fine for the shop owners I worked for too.....
Sinner
Sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by mutleymanor Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:08 am

I considered computer storage but they don't like grooming room conditions and they DO crash. I find the index card system pretty much as Sinner described easy, convenient and quick. I get the relevant cards out the night before, put them to the front, refresh memory and update after the groom with any changes. As they are in a plastic box the humidity is no issue - I can see them quite clearly while I groom and I file by owner's last name. This system is also cheap Very Happy
mutleymanor
mutleymanor

Back to top Go down

Post by groomer Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:10 am

I too use the index card system and diary. 100% easy, 100% always there. But I am looking at a computer system, so far nothing seems worth all of the effort and money though. I just thought after all this time there would be something that was awesome! And Aust made .

groomer

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:48 am

I do the same as Sinner.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:38 am

I have been using a computer system going on 4 years now and it lives in the salon. I find it easier to use especially when it sends out reminder sms and emails to the client telling them about there upcoming appointment. My clients like is the ability to book months or years in advance and give them a printout of the dates so they can put it on the fridge door :-), you can run reports on how many active clients you, a breakdown of how many different breeds, reminders when the clients pet is due for vacination (my salon policy is no vacination no groom). You can send out newsletters to your clients, the advantages are worth every dollar and you don't have to be to tech savy.
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:38 pm

which program do you use poodle antics? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:40 pm

123Pet from http://www.123petsoftware.com, I am not saying it is the best but I have tried a few on the market even beta tested one and they just don't cut the mustard, some require you have the Office suite from Microsoft or at a minimum Outlook which is another added cost if you don't have a copy. Windows7 has no longer has Outlook Express and the programs wont integrate with Windows Live (outlook express replacement), no choice of sms gateway in a least 3 I know of which means you have no choice of provider to shop for the best price for sms messaging. It has full retail capabilities if you retail as well, will do label printing, receipt if the client requires, will even open the till draw when the sale is complete. It just wont wash and dry a dog or clean the salon Wink, anyways enough waffle need to clean salon Sad

Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum