Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

savel  todd  grooming  Courses  hydrobath  dryer  

learning reiki

+7
Donna
lorie
ashababe2002
peke-lover
jonna
Sinner
StarDreaming
11 posters

Go down

learning reiki Empty learning reiki

Post by StarDreaming Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi All,

Sorry that I haven't been around this year but hubby was very ill in january and we nearly lost him, He is now on the mend and the doc just told him today that he is to start living his life as close to normal as he can(apart from all the meds) so we need to get things back on track !!!!!

I have been thinking of learning reiki, has anyone out there learnt it? if so do you use it on your clients?

thanks and hope that you have all been happy and well

Michelle
StarDreaming
StarDreaming

Back to top Go down

learning reiki Empty Re: learning reiki

Post by Sinner Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:36 pm

Michelle....So glad to hear that your husband is on the mend. It must have been a very harrowing experience and one I'm sure you are glad to put behind you both and start "to live life". I'm sure someone on here was doing a course on reiki....maybe pawsenses????? Hope someone can help and all the best to you and your family Sending warm hugs your way!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Sinner
Sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Wow. Glad everything is working out. I don't know that, guess I have to google it.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:21 pm

OMG Michelle, so sorry to hear about your dramas! You should have let us know and we could have been some support for you, but a relief to hear the worst is over. Well done to both of you!

Isn't there a member here with a reiki sounding name as the member name?
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by ashababe2002 Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:26 pm

hi, yes you can use human reiki in animals. I was going to do it but it was $500+ just for a beginner course and you dont even touch the dog!!! Smile
hope this helps
ashababe2002
ashababe2002

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:46 pm

Glad to hear your husband is feeling better!

My husband's nephew is a reiki master. I took one lesson from him. I think it's all about your energy and being able to tap into that part of yourself. I couldn't continue, I just don't have the time right now.
The closest I get with dogs is their facial. Every dog gets one and I feel really calm when I massage their faces. Big dogs seem to love getting their faces massaged..
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:00 am

Hey Michelle
Welcome back and so sorry to hear you have been through such a stressful experience...Happy to hear that your hubby is doing better and is ready to start living life again...God Bless I love you
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mutleymanor Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:26 am

Michelle I'm so glad to hear that things are getting back to "normal" and your husband is on the mend.
mutleymanor
mutleymanor

Back to top Go down

Post by StarDreaming Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:04 pm

Thanks All,

Its so nice to be back Very Happy I really have to get our business back on track now, had to let things slip a little (something had to give)

I have really missed you all and I'm sorry that I didn't tell you but I really just didn't have the time to go on the computer, got on facebook a couple a times but my farm and fish have all died !!!!! Crying or Very sad
StarDreaming
StarDreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by DoggyDoos Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:22 pm

Michelle. Sorry to hear that you have been through such a rough time. I'm glad that your Husband is on the mend.
DoggyDoos
DoggyDoos

Back to top Go down

Post by groomer Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:48 pm

Hi Michelle,

I offer Reiki to my doggie clients. I have many regulars who come in for their grooms, then a Reiki sesssion. Although I try to book them at the end of the day as it puts me in another dimension! LOL A much slower and relaxed one than I need to be in to continue grooming lots of dogs anyway!

To do Reiki, you need to do a course to become initiated by a Reiki Master. Reiki is universal life force energy, and is basically hands on healing. The light from Source enters your crown chakra (on the top of your head) and fills your body, then pours out of your hands to the recipient. Reiki automatically goes to where it is most needed. It helps on all levels: emotionally, physically, spiritually and mentally.

Reiki can be used on all living beings, and there is a lot of information available on the internet on how you can apply it to dogs.

The courses are Reiki 1, 2, and 3 or Master/Teacher.

Reiki 1 - for Reiki on yourself, friends, family, animals plants etc

Reiki 11 - professional Reiki standard. This allows you to perform Reiki professionally.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anymore information.

groomer

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:46 am

Ah yes... my one client does this. She is a shaman. Has balanced be a few times. It really does work. A true shaman takes a few years of studying. I think this should be taught in all of our schools. The world would be a better place.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunty Marg Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:25 pm

Go for it. Dogs love it there is a real market for it and it is much easier on the body. I was doing massages and throwing in a bit of reiki but it is better to do it at specific times not when you have a salon full of dogs ev set aside one arvo a week. Also great for self and hubby
Aunty Marg
Aunty Marg

Back to top Go down

Post by groomer Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Being a shaman is different to being a Reiki practitioner or Reiki Master. Although they are along the same lines.....

I beg to differ that it takes a few years to learn. We are all born with this inherent ability, it just needs to be reawakened.

Reiki knows no bounds or limits, it is the humanizing of it that does this only LOL

groomer

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:01 am

Wasn't disagreeing. There is definitely more involved being a shaman. I just have the luck of having one as a friend. We are all definitely born with the ability, it just needs a jump start, lol.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down