Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

Courses  todd  hydrobath  grooming  dryer  savel  

Daisy Mascot

+22
Lesley
mutleymanor
StarDreaming
DoggyDoos
Sinner
lorie
GroomRoom
Rosie
pawsenses
CanadianGroomer
petgroomaustralia
hayley
Susanne
Westie
kasz
Donna
Tail's a Waggin'
peke-lover
Coatsntails
Emmalovesbeth
CoatCutter
Admin
26 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Empty Re: Daisy Mascot

Post by CoatCutter Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:25 am

Sorry, don't mean to be rude, but were they meant to come out - you know 10 days? We usually leave them in a bit longer just to be sure. As for duty of care, I think you interfered with that when you took the stitches out. If they had done it then I think it would apply. At the moment, just keep her quiet and bandaged up until you get to the vet tomorrow. She'll be ok. The old fashioned way would be superglue Shocked
CoatCutter
CoatCutter
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:01 am

Thanks Anthony, I mean duty of care offering an after service emergency service though. I've been talking to my cousin who's a vet and he said they changed the law a couple of years ago, that even though they have to provide an actual phone number, they don't have to provide an actual service. seems a bit illogical to me.

Yes, 10 days tomorrow the stitches would have come out. Apparently they don't do superglue anymore? Seemed like it worked just fine, guess there's a reason why they've gone back to stitches.
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatsntails Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm

Oh Lisa I hope all goes well with Daisy and all your administrations worked. Gotto go, teatime.
Coatsntails
Coatsntails

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:03 pm

Well shes' restitched and ready for round two!

This time stitches in for 2 weeks and I'm not allowed near her!

I think I have learnt my lesson Sad
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:16 pm

Oh good ...glad to hear she is all together again...
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmalovesbeth Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:27 pm

awwwww gad to here she is all better now......

We never take our dogs back to have stiches out.. MUM is a nurse and we have had soo many over the years.. we wait 12 days and out they come............ I wonder why miss Daisy didnt do to well.. she must take longer to heal up.....

sending LOVE I love you I love you I love you
Emmalovesbeth
Emmalovesbeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinner Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:21 am

Hope miss Daisy is on the "mend" soon.... Smile Smile
Sinner
Sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:19 pm

Ooohhh Daisy are you alright? Sorry little one I've been a little unwell myself. (and thanks for your well wishes) Hope your on the mend and if mummy comes anywhere near you with anything that looks sharp...RUUUUNNNNN. Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Icon_lol Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Icon_lol Now cover your ears with your paws....

Lisa Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Icon_eek , sorry but I have to say it as I do to customers.. Would you get a plumber in to do an electrician's job, would you get your gardener to service you car, can the dentists groom his dog...NO that's why he comes to YOU....

Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Icon_sad Sorry you had that lesson... Take care both of you... Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Herz Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Herz
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:54 am

LOL Sarah. Point taken.

Now I HAVE been to the vet and I AM allowed to take out the stitches all by myself, they even supplied me with the thing to take the stitches out so they must have more confidence in me than you lot do Smile

Monday, it should all be over and if another lump appears, and it's harmless, then the damn thing is just going to stay there!
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:42 am

Glad to hear all is well and a lumpy dog is still very loveable... Ask any of mine with their "warts and all"... lol!
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:18 am

Hey Lisa ...Just wondered how the Daisy girls is doing
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:14 pm

Yes I must post some pics, but she's going good. 2nd lot of stitches out now and all back to normal.

Thanks for asking I love you
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:52 pm

Good one Lisa. Glad to hear Daisy has made a good recovery. Looking forward to our next lot of daisy pics soon. Take care the both of you..... Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Icon_wink Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Herz
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Westie Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:10 pm

Gosh Daisy and Lisa - you have been thro the grinder! I have a pup waiting for stitches out too but have nothing sharp and quick enough to do a jumpy puppy. I've heard horror stories from clients here ringing the 'emergency' vet and being told to wait until Monday when their dog was in desperate pain so it doesn't just happen there but it tells us groomers who to refer clients to!

Westie

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Here's some of the now healed Daisy

Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 P1120314

Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 P1120315

Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 P1120316

Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 P1120317

Love Daisy I love you
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:55 pm

Thanks Lisa. Glad to see your looking well Daisy. In fact you look great. Your regrowth is covering your scar nicely. It doesn't look to bad at all Daisy. Let's face it your a pretty tough peke, so your scar just shows how tough you really are. Such a sweetie, glad to see you are well and Mum can cover that scar with her great grooming. Thanks for the update Lisa. Hope you are as well as Daisy.... Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Herz Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Herz Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Icon_wink
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by CoatCutter Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:18 pm

Franken-Daisy-Stein Wink Razz
CoatCutter
CoatCutter
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:19 pm

Thanx Lisa for the update...Glad to see you have mended well and are looking as cute as ever!!!
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Glad DAisy is on the mend, boy, I think someone mentioned it some where but you do a beautiful job on her legs! My Mom's peke was in the other day and I'm always fussing with the legs, they usually end up longer than Daisys. Do you just scisssor hers?
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:58 pm

lorie wrote:Glad DAisy is on the mend, boy, I think someone mentioned it some where but you do a beautiful job on her legs! My Mom's peke was in the other day and I'm always fussing with the legs, they usually end up longer than Daisys. Do you just scisssor hers?

Oh Lorie, don't start, this dog is 2.5 yrs old and I'm still perfecting those damn feet. Legs are OK, but splayed feet are an absolute nightmare. I've finally got them looking their best and I don't mind if you laugh, but the trick is never to touch the damn things! Clip down to the 'ankle' then just leave the rest alone, apart from tidying up underneath the pad, but never never pull the hair and cut it, once those little toes splay you'll see every little cut you ever made. I just clipped her today, so she's a 5 blade all over (except the feet). Not sure why you'd be having trouble with the legs, they should just be a straight clip job. On saying that, i find Pekes look their best either short or long, everything in between just tends to 'stick out'. Hope that helps. PS: feel free to post photos of your mum's Peke! I love you I love you
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:55 am

I'll take pics next time, I can't explain, they look cute but I'm gonna try for your look next time. Smile
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Daisy's nickname is 'Chicken'. Can you see the resemblance?

Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 P1010310

Love Daisy I love you
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:23 pm

Hey Lisa Thanx for the latest snap of Daisy...I was thinking the other day i should give you a nudge it been a while ...lol...Hope all is still going well after her recent dramas lol
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Lisa, Daisy...... Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Icon_smile Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Herz Where are you? How are you?

I here you are flat out grooming Lisa....Glad to hear your Tails are Flyin, so to speak. LOL Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Icon_lol Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Icon_lol
It's coming into that silly season again so maybe Daisy could get the jingles out soon. LOL.
Always get a laugh from a Daisy costume and pose Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Icon_lol Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Icon_lol Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Icon_lol Daisy  Mascot - Page 9 Icon_santa
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by mutleymanor Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:09 am

Once again I have followed these posts from the beginning and thoroughly enjoyed them, despite my concern over Daisy, now I know it's alright Smile She is the cutest thing on earth or you should be a professional dog photographer!! I just read a book called "Rocky and Gawenda" , about a man and his mut, which started as a blog (hint, hint) and I AM offering to proof-read your book. Better get it to me before I start grooming, as you guys have me convinced that I won't have time for anything else once I start in October.
mutleymanor
mutleymanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next