Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

todd  dryer  Courses  hydrobath  grooming  savel  

Belly watchin

+11
peke-lover
CoatCutter
shiveringpuppy
lorie
DoggyDoos
GroomRoom
Sinner
Donna
pixiedust
mutleymanor
jonna
15 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Belly watchin - Page 5 Empty Re: Belly watchin

Post by CanadianGroomer Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:22 pm

Congrats they are both beautiful. My daughter does volunteer foal watch at the university and she tells me all the stories, some are so heartbreaking I don't know how she does it. I'm sending best wishes to your little ones that they remain strong and healthy. I love you
CanadianGroomer
CanadianGroomer

Back to top Go down

Post by GroomRoom Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:04 pm

So glad to finally hear Weather has foaled...........Zena looks gorgeous and certainly seems to be making fantastic progress. Zumi has grown beautiful..........I love chestnuts with lots of white I love you
GroomRoom
GroomRoom

Back to top Go down

Post by DoggyDoos Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Jonna. Congratulations on the arrival of Zena. Lots of positive thoughts and prayers that she will grow big and strong like Zumi.
DoggyDoos
DoggyDoos

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:00 am

We are gonna splint those hocks this afternoon. A very knowledgable friend is coming over to help. He has 3 thoroughbred farms here in the States. Curt wanted to this morning already but I am making him wait for Nicholas. He is an encyclopedia.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:35 am

Can't wait to see her on her hooves ...She will go from strength to strength from there on in
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:07 am

Zena is coming along. Still a bit low on that left hind hoof. But for 4 days old that is very positive. She has a beautiful face even though she is just average for a thoroughbred. Zumi is an exceptional foal. Let's see if Zena will surpass him.
Belly watchin - Page 5 Ponies10
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:12 am

Here is the brat. I hope Zena can kick her half brother's butt.
Belly watchin - Page 5 Ponies11
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:15 am

Wow. I just noticed how muscley Zumi is already. Shocked
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:40 pm

Yay!!!!!! she 's on her feet.i mean hooves clap Thats awesome and yes she does have a glorious face

As for muscle man well he is just bounding along getting stronger every day...Give Zumi a chance and she just might kick his butt after all lol!
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:28 pm

Isn't she pretty Donna? And look, she has permanent eyeliner, lipliner and nostril liner. She will wow the stallions when she is of legal age.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by mutleymanor Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:25 am

Wow Jonna - she's really come along - and quite stunning Very Happy
mutleymanor
mutleymanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:12 am

jonna wrote:Isn't she pretty Donna? And look, she has permanent eyeliner, lipliner and nostril liner. She will wow the stallions when she is of legal age.

Yeah and get a load of those gorjus long legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hilarious

Last edited by Donna on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shiveringpuppy Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:20 am

Laughing

shiveringpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:40 am

Vet is coming tomorrow to ultrasound Zena's left hind fetlock. I noticed yesterday evening that it started swelling. Passed out in bed and forgot to tell Curt. He saw it today though. I just went up to feed them around 7 and it is worse. We'll see what the vet says.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:17 am

Oh dear Prayers that it is ok
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:05 am

She has some new supports coming Monday as per the vet. I wasn't here, at my other job. Curt said that the vet wasn't concerned. I don't know....Curt called our farrier who is very educated. He came while I was grooming, naturally and no one else was here so he went up to see Zena with his wife. He told me something ligaments. He is very concerned; basically thumbs down. I didn't catch all he said cuz my client was leaving but I will have Curt call him. I hope the vet is right. She is young so I am hoping she can overcome this. Otherwise I have a very expensive breeding and a filly that can't be sold. I love her but this is business.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by shiveringpuppy Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:30 am

Neutral

shiveringpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:00 pm

Prayer continue
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinner Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:20 am

hope all can be resolved easily jonna. Very worrying when there are conflicting reports to solve problem, especially when she is so valuable. Good luck....She is so cute!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Sinner
Sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:32 am

I don't know who to believe....and many thanks guys. One of our new friends is a 40 year veteran of thoroughbred breeding. I may have mentioned him before, he has 3 horse farms here in the stated. He has helped us with this crop of babies and is watchful. He is not concerned about Zena. He feels she will be fine. He says that Zumi is a 10 out of 10 baby and we should hang onto him. Sell Zena when she is of age and use that money to train Zumi. He should easily make us 2 million. Gee, how will I afford that venture?
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by GroomRoom Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:03 pm

I would listen to the thoroughbred breeder, most of the time they have seen more of those sort of things than vets have. On the other hand listening to the breeder about how much money your foal will make is maybe not such a good idea Wink We have had many horses trained for racing and we have bred many horses to sell, selling them certainly returns some of your money.............some make up for the short fallings of others Laughing . But so far none of our racehorses have paid for themselves....................the trainers keep telling you that they are good horses but there are so many variables that go in to each race eg track condition, barrier, jockey, how fast the leaders go, how long the race is, fitness, health, frame of mind, whether there is a gap available when your horse wants to make a run for it, how well the horse can travel around the turn, how long the straight is, interferance etc etc etc I personally have had enough of forking out money.........................we would be extremely comfortable financially now if we never had racehorses No However of course the experience of birthing foals is beautiful Very Happy
GroomRoom
GroomRoom

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:54 pm

I am inclined to listen to Nicholas. He really has seen many foals and came to our place hours after Zumi was born and he was wowed. If I decide to train him and race I would certainly take on investors, for lack of a better word. Long way off but hey, maybe it is finally my family's time. We have suffered greatly for about 7 years. Hey, it could happen.
Just had one of the TB auctions here when I was away at Intergroom. Nicholas went. I wanted to be there but was unavailable. It was a slaighter again. Foals from stakeswinners were only fetching $500. Shame.
I always told my family that we were brought to this farm for a reason. Maybe Zumi is it.
I know it is a very rough and expensive business. Thanks for your advice.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by GroomRoom Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:06 am

Definately you have to take a chance at life sometimes, I hope that it is your time to be rewarded sunny and Zumi will run like the wind Wink Don't worry about me I am quite a pessimist(sorry don't remember how to spell that) I like to think the worst and be pleasantly surprised when I am wrong Surprised hahahahahahaha
GroomRoom
GroomRoom

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:24 am

I am like that too. I call it being a realist. My OH is the dreamer. I will wait to see how my gut feels down the road a piece. Somehow it is linked to my intuition. Just hope it doesn't give me heartburn.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by mutleymanor Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:29 am

I'd listen to the experienced horse person Wink Vets are notoriously pessimistic Rolling Eyes As for racing - cross that bridge when you come to it. Brooke, I raced only one horse, decades ago, and it won on the only occasion we didn't think it would - and we didn't back it!! I gracefully withdrew from racing horses Smile I agree about the enormous number of variables.
mutleymanor
mutleymanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum