Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

dryer  todd  Courses  savel  grooming  hydrobath  

Our pet pictures

+19
shiveringpuppy
jonna
lorie
mutleymanor
Emmalovesbeth
pawsenses
Donna
petgroomaustralia
janet
Tail's a Waggin'
Sinner
Destiny
Westie
peke-lover
Susanne
CoatCutter
GroomRoom
Coatsntails
Admin
23 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Our pet pictures - Page 3 Empty Re: Our pet pictures

Post by janet Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:30 pm

Very Happy Very Happy I knew it, everybody will say she looks like a Silky... whatever breed she is, she is still my precious :p
janet
janet

Back to top Go down

Our pet pictures - Page 3 Empty Our Pets

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:51 am

She looks like she's going to be a bottler Jill. I have a couple of similar staffy x's and all rescued. I sometimes think they know how lucky they are some one takes them home. These can be some of the best dogs even if cross bred.
I've been really impressed with my little Wilbur as a pup. He is very clever. What's the new dog's name?????

I hope she settles well for your son and daughter in law and good on them for saving a life Smile
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Our pet pictures - Page 3 Empty Re: Our pets

Post by Destiny Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:29 am

She looks lovely. And like all rescue dogs she will so appreciate you.
You have got such a great spot to take her to.
My son had staffys when he was younger. He has cattle dog and border collies now.
You mentioned a white border collie, I have never seen a white border collie. I guess she is Albino then.
Well we know what the highlight of your life is right now. Its brindle and has four legs.
Did they go to Dakibin pound?
Destiny
Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatsntails Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:14 pm

Looks like a lovely dog, hope they have many happy years of pleasure from him. I often think the rehoused dogs know they have been given a second chance. I got my Lindy from the pound and she sure fell on her feet. Good luck to them.
Coatsntails
Coatsntails

Back to top Go down

Our pet pictures - Page 3 Empty Our Pet Pictures

Post by Sinner Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:02 pm

Thanx all for compiments. "Pepper" had an excellent first night....No trouble at all. Destiny....they live at Ennoggerra( city side) and had visited Fairfield dog refuge to look at another young black labx .Too hyperactive, so we went to Sunshine Coast, Sippy Downs to again see a labx ...but he needed a dominant owner. They ended up with "pepper". I was amazed at the number of staffy (pure) and crosses in the refuge 90% of the inmates...I really thought there would be a lot more large breeds and larger crosses. Apparently when James and Lyndall visited the other refuge last week it was the same there. Heaps staffyx's The white border that I mentioned should have read sable and white. Exactly pure gold ,with white collar white blaze and muzzle From a distance he looked like scotch collie. Very handsome , with a strong head like the aussie shepherds Very Happy Very Happy
Sinner
Sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:05 am

Here's a picture of our Sam who doesn't get much of a look in. There's a bit of a story to go with him which is quite hilarious looking back.

About 5 years ago we had a ridgeback cross called Max. One day Max got out and was caught by the Ranger right outside the front of our house. Thankfully our neighbour was home and ran out and told the Ranger, so they put Max back in the yard. My nieghbour wondered how Max got out so went around the back and sure enough, the back gate was wide open. So she puts her 6 mth old baby in the back of her tiny hatchback and goes looking for Max. 8 blocks later she finds him, pulls over and tries to get him in the back of her little car, finally with alot of heaving the dogs in, and licking the baby's face all the way home, no worries she thinks, Max is a really friendly dog. When she gets home and drives in our back yard - there's Max! She's got an identical dog in the back, but it's not ours! About which time we pull up amidst all the confusion and panic that she's just stolen someone's dog! However, 'Sam' doesn't have a collar, stinks to high heaven, is riddled with fleas and has fresh scars all over his body, no to mention that you can count every rib in his body, he really was disgusting (hmm, which now makes me think how did she get him mixed up with my lovely Max??). We did the right thing, got the Ranger and away he took Sam. 3 days we kept watching and hoping no-one would claim him and when they didn't, we went and got him. Well he wouldn't settle. He would howl at night, so I got him inside so as not to annoy the neighbours but I got no sleep at all. Finally after a month he did settle down somewhat but was still very aggresive to other people. A while later my aunty came to visit and left the gate open and Sam was gone. We'd given up on him as he was nowhere to be found, then 4 months later my husband came into work and got me to smell his hands - Sam, that same pong! My husband went a different way to the gym and there was Sam, with some kids related to the old owner, no collar, same condition as last time. Sam came right up to Kerry and put his front paws on kerry's shoulders so poor Kerry had to push the motorbike about 1km home with the dog in tow! This time he did settle, it's like he could work out the difference between the 2 lifestyles and he's never looked back. He's still a great watchdog but has got over fears like water and being tied up, he's the most loyal and lovable dog now. Unfortunately he lost his playmate Max a couple of years ago and now has Miss Daisy as a companion but she doesn't quite cut it like his old mate Max.

Our pet pictures - Page 3 Sdc10111
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Our pet pictures - Page 3 Empty Re : Our pet pictures

Post by Destiny Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:07 pm

He looks very lovable. He is lucky he found a good home. He has certainly had a bit of adverture in his life.
Destiny
Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:59 pm

Great story Lisa. Sam must have figured out where his bread was buttered. Very Smart Dog.
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Westie Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:01 pm

What a wonderful story! It was meant to be Smile

Westie

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:16 pm

Tail's a Waggin' wrote:Great story Lisa. Sam must have figured out where his bread was buttered. Very Smart Dog.

Thanks guys for all your comments. Actually I call him 'lovable but dumb'. Apparently even a dumb dog can figure out which side his bread is buttered! Very Happy
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:18 pm

Sinner wrote:Our pet pictures - Page 3 Dog_gr10

What a lovely looking dog Sinner, isn't it lovely to have a new member of the family who fits in so well. The staffy's are such an intelligent breed, sometimes too damn intelligent for their own good!
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Our pet pictures - Page 3 Empty Our pet pictures

Post by Sinner Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Lisa, Sam looks adorable. I'm so glad he found such a perservering family. He's certainly meant to be with u. Apparantly "pepper" got out whilst they were at work. Dug under the fence...and went to neighbour. She had been crying...They just loved her and even fed her. My son can lock her under the house but there is a small area where she may be able to squeeze out. He would fix it but could still be a worry in case she hurts herself. I recommended they leave her locked in the room downstairs after a good morning run with her blanket ,toys, a kong with treats in and a large dried kangaroo tail. Have you guys got any other suggestions....She's fine in their company and does not worry when they are upstairs(she has the back yard to be in with no access upstairs...the stairs are inside the back door,which is kept closed.PLEASE feel free to suggest anything...hopefully it wont take her long to settle in !! Very Happy Very Happy
Sinner
Sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:56 pm

The staffy's are such an intelligent breed, sometimes too damn intelligent for their own good!

Yes, I'm finding Little Wilbur to be extremely clever. For a 7 month pup he is surprising me daily. Smile
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:19 pm

Sinner wrote:Apparantly "pepper" got out whilst they were at work. Dug under the fence...and went to neighbour. Have you guys got any other suggestions....She's fine in their company and does not worry when they are upstairs(she has the back yard to be in with no access upstairs...the stairs are inside the back door,which is kept closed.PLEASE feel free to suggest anything...hopefully it wont take her long to settle in !! Very Happy Very Happy

Eek, a hard one. Now it might explain why she ended up in the pound to start with do you think? Both Max and Sam were escape artists so I'm well experienced with escaping dogs. Quite frankly, your house will have to be fort knox! We even had to extend our 6 ft fencing even higher after they jumped on the wood pile and over the fence and unfortunately that's actually how Max met his end, by jumping on the otto bin, onto a low roof which inclined so by the time he jumped off the other end he dislocated his shoulder on landing. Still managed to make it 3 km to the other side of town! Anyway, back to pepper, if it's a habit by now, i can't advise on the training required for that one. But in the meantime you really have to go through your property with a fine tooth comb and suss out any escape holes. Be prepared for some expense. Ours were never diggers, they were jumpers. We finally got our house 'dog proofed' after they must have escaped at least 10 times, each time we were totally convinced that the house was dog proof, but they always found a new way out. Can you work with your neighbour and get the neighbour to hold pepper there if she escapes again? Hopefully over time and pepper knowing she can't escape and getting used to you, that the problem will solve itself. What about a wire run? Maybe a tape recording of your voices while she's alone? I like the idea to shut her inside for now and maybe once she's really gotten to know you, then put her outside and 'spy' on her while she's outside on her own to start with. Good luck, you'll work it out. Lisa.
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:23 pm

PS: After 5 years of owning Sam I can tell you there is light at the end of the tunnel. We ALWAYS have to keep an eye on him, but 90% of the time we can trust him outside now on his own. We just have to watch him when it's mating season and even when he does run off - he ends up at nana's house on the other side of town! Go figure!
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:30 pm

Try putting a radio on for her. Not too loud though, just enough so she can hear something. She may have been left alone a lot by her previous owners, and probably thinks she is getting left again. Good luck.
Destiny
Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:37 pm

Our pet pictures - Page 3 Passio20
Well this is day two after Jazzies opp. He is improving slowly, but mums not. We both slept on a mattress in the loungeroom last night, so he doesn`t try to jump up onto the bed.
I think we will be sleeping in the loungeroom for another week.
Two more days to wait to get the results back from pathology. Maybe then I wont feel so sick in the stomach.
Tomorrow I might try a litle walk with him, just a few houses up on the street, and then back. That will do for starters.
Destiny
Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:58 pm

Our pet pictures - Page 3 Pictur22
Jasper in happier days.
He has found mums wool. I am sure he does things just to make me laugh. He always finds a way to make my day.
Where would we be without them. Each and every one of them has his own unique way of making our lives worthwhile.
Destiny
Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post by peke-lover Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:17 pm

Destiny wrote:Our pet pictures - Page 3 Passio20

Destiny, I'm sorry if I've missed out on the post, but how is jazzy??
peke-lover
peke-lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:09 pm

Jazzie got his stiches out last Friday, he is much better now thankyou peke.
Destiny
Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:11 pm

oh thats great news.that wound looked dreadful.happy to hear Jazzie is on the mend I love you

Admin
Non Active Admin - Retired

Back to top Go down

Our pet pictures - Page 3 Empty Our pet pics.

Post by Sinner Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:45 am

So glad to see that "Jazzy" is on the mend. Its such a worry when one of "ours" isnt doing so well.The wound certainly looked ugly. Good news!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Did u bathe the wound with anything as it was healing.? This humid weather doesnt help the process.
Sinner
Sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Thanks guys.
Yes it really is a worrying time when they are sick. I was sick from worrying about him.
No sinner, I did not have to bathe it, but I had to keep a little jacket on him to stop him chewing his stiches. It has healed up really good, you can hardly see the cut.
Destiny
Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:31 pm

i finally got a half decent picture of our our precious 'Little Man' .....the worlds least photogenic dog!
He is a L/H Chihuahua crossed with an Italian Greyhound!

Our pet pictures - Page 3 Imgp1515

Admin
Non Active Admin - Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:24 pm

OH Tammy he is a cute!..Such an adorable litle face I love you
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down