Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

hydrobath  savel  todd  Courses  grooming  dryer  

Colourful Prices

+7
mutleymanor
Fluffy
Donna
shiveringpuppy
CoatCutter
jonna
Bed and Biscuits
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Colourful Prices Empty Colourful Prices

Post by Bed and Biscuits Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:04 pm

I am sure this question has been posted here somewhere before but I am hoping to have some input on what others charge to do colours, eg: ears, tails, etc............... I am thinking of the time it takes and any helpful tips there would be great and the cost of the dye and how much to use. I am at a loss where to start. I know the wealth of colourful grooming counterparts should be able to shed some light.
Thanks in advance................
Bed and Biscuits
Bed and Biscuits

Back to top Go down

Colourful Prices Empty Re: Colourful Prices

Post by jonna Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:22 am

I am no help. American money, Aussie money.....Ears $15, tail $10??????? Whole body, well size does matter. I am sure you must take into account what you use and the time involved. What is everyone else charging here? I have no interested clients here for that and I do advertise for creative and corrective grooming.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by CoatCutter Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:36 am

Only done one dog's ears and tail pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Day. I charged $30... 10 for each thing.

As for what to use, there would be three main dyes that you can get... Dyex (permanent), Pet Esthe (permanent), and Top performance (temporary). The first two will have to grow out, and the third will fade out in about 3-7 days. There is also chalk... yep, good old fashioned chalk for drawing on the footpath, which is temporary too. Hope that helps a bit. Cool
CoatCutter
CoatCutter
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:52 am

I have only used chalk. I tried the pet edge dyes on Boo and they were not true to color. Not even close.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by shiveringpuppy Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Top Performance (Pet Edge) colors does run diff, Blue turns Purple.... and so forth.
I like Manic Panic best.
Any temp (Chalk, blo-pens) just bleed out so fast with any sign of moisture.
Prices depends on where you are, your clients, how much fur (short ear with barely any fur VS standard poodle with super long thick coat) ......
You can also call the places near you and ask around and compare to see what's the best price would be for you...

shiveringpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed and Biscuits Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Thanks for all your input guys. I have no one else here in Darwin doing it so comparison a little hard. I didnt think I would really have much interest and wanted to really just try out on my poodle first but today had 3 people straight away want to book for colour next visit. Oh, dear, didnt think it would take off like that!!!!
Bed and Biscuits
Bed and Biscuits

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:37 pm

How amazing! Looks like they are into new things
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffy Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Well, I am not surprised - I have always thought of Darwin as bright & tropical so I think it would really go with the lifestyle - airbrush a few frangipanis on dog butts and you will be the toast of the town flower flower Good luck and can't wait to see the pics

Fluffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed and Biscuits Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:55 pm

I know Donna, We are a little strange here in the territory LOL. I will have to get Woofa Wash into it now...................I can just see her doing it in her little van down there in Katherine..................... affraid
Bed and Biscuits
Bed and Biscuits

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed and Biscuits Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:56 pm

Oh the frangipanni idea would be divine if only I was that artisitic and creative. I would so love to attempt something like that....................
Bed and Biscuits
Bed and Biscuits

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:14 pm

If you could get a stencil you could do the frangipani thing with blowpens!!

http://www.stencilgallery.com.au/catalogue/flowers1.htm

this one you could make yourself using acetate...print out the pic and trace onto acetate then cut out with sharp craft knife

http://www.handyhippo.co.uk/p690-Embossing-Stencil-Frangipani.html
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed and Biscuits Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:40 pm

You are just too clever. Thanks Donna!
Bed and Biscuits
Bed and Biscuits

Back to top Go down

Post by mutleymanor Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:03 pm

Well I've only coloured my mum's toy poodle but Mum swears Jessica gets more pats and attention, so that was worth it. My vet also put her on his website so I may get the same response as you, B&B! Lucky we've had threads on pricing!
mutleymanor
mutleymanor

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:28 am

What is a frangipani scratch ?
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by mutleymanor Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:23 am

A flowering tree of the tropics or sub-tropics. Lovely scent and a few colours. I have three in my yard

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=frangipani&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a Smile
mutleymanor
mutleymanor

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:34 am

Very pretty and they look quite fragrant. Would die here.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed and Biscuits Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:39 pm

Frangipannis are like a weed here (should I say something so terrible) everyone loves them and even the kids think they are beautiful!!!!!!!
Bed and Biscuits
Bed and Biscuits

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:31 pm

Love that name tho Very Happy
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Woofa Wash Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:46 pm

I would like to see your colouring when you come Michelle, I have just the clients who would get it as they already put pink food colouring on their dogs.
we could get frangipani hear ties to use instead of bows!!!!! Tourists would love it!

The Woofa Wash

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed and Biscuits Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:48 pm

Did my first colouring yesterday Jenny. The lady was game and said I could do whatever my daughter chose. She is 5 and I told her she is game with that one. Anyhow, a ShihTzu, worst candidate for creativity. Wont stand up ever, was matted all over, and tick infested. I said I would do it over a month ago when the dog is always in reasonable condition but turned up like that. I did green little boots and violet ears and tail. The green was very bright, the violet subtle, but the lady loved it. I know I need practice but it was a freebie as I told her I was just experimenting. Wow, you have dogs with pink food dye. I am itching to do more colour and perfect this.
Bed and Biscuits
Bed and Biscuits

Back to top Go down

Post by The Woofa Wash Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Cool!! did you get pics Michelle?

The Woofa Wash

Back to top Go down

Post by littles Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:56 pm

shiveringpuppy wrote:Top Performance (Pet Edge) colors does run diff, Blue turns Purple.... and so forth.
I like Manic Panic best.
Any temp (Chalk, blo-pens) just bleed out so fast with any sign of moisture.
Prices depends on where you are, your clients, how much fur (short ear with barely any fur VS standard poodle with super long thick coat) ......
You can also call the places near you and ask around and compare to see what's the best price would be for you...
I use Manic Panic also with great results...omly prob with semi perm is that it will run out with every wash...including pinking my partners white speedboat interior after some swimming Smile...good thing he loves his baby (11 yrs old) girl!
littles
littles

Back to top Go down

Post by pixiedust Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:27 pm

MAnic is still one of my favorites, Non-toxic Artist chalk will hold well on most curly coats, food Dye needs to have vinegar added to make it hold..
there are lots of dyes on the market now, WE cannot get our hands on Dyex or Pet Esthe here in the states. My hairdresser was just telling me of another, I am going to give it a try next week. Supposed to be very vivid colors.
As far as pricing, charge what you normally would for the amount of time spent, then add the cost of your product to that, and there is your answer. product + time = amount charged

a little late but I hope this helps.

pixiedust

Back to top Go down

Post by littles Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:34 pm

pixiedust wrote:MAnic is still one of my favorites, Non-toxic Artist chalk will hold well on most curly coats, food Dye needs to have vinegar added to make it hold..
there are lots of dyes on the market now, WE cannot get our hands on Dyex or Pet Esthe here in the states. My hairdresser was just telling me of another, I am going to give it a try next week. Supposed to be very vivid colors.
As far as pricing, charge what you normally would for the amount of time spent, then add the cost of your product to that, and there is your answer. product + time = amount charged

a little late but I hope this helps.

Hi Pixiedust!, Could you please advise at what ratio to mix the food dye and vinegar?
I have previously tried food colour on my dogs but with NO success AT ALL....and that was on a coat that was well washed and washed again with a bicarb mix to assist in preparation...i rinsed thoroughly then applied food colour..from memory I think i may have done a vinegar rinse to help set colour ( i was following someones advice!) yet it all washed out.
Would love to be able to use food dye as its cost effective and safe (i think? correct me if i'm wrong PLEASE!) cheers
littles
littles

Back to top Go down

Post by shiveringpuppy Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:06 am

Dawn where do you get food dyes.. I can't seem to find them.
I can get pet esthe if I want but they want a starter kit type and i don't own my own shop so that's way too expensive for me to buy from them. you just need to email them.
pet esthe and dyex's very similar.... but the blue pet esthe in my experience turns bluegreen affraid

shiveringpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next