Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

Courses  dryer  savel  grooming  todd  hydrobath  

What to do about fleas?

4 posters

Go down

What to do about fleas? Empty What to do about fleas?

Post by LouLou Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:01 pm

I had three dogs come onto my property to be groomed today - all with fleas! They were all bathed and treated with Fidos Flea Rinse but I was still finding them during the groom. As my dogs live here I get really frustrated. I guess, unfortunately, there will always be dogs with fleas...does anyone have any ideas about how to handle the problem? The best products to use and how to make them effective and any other strategies?

When I was using my trailer we were able to contain the problem really well.

:affraid:This was me today!!
LouLou
LouLou

Back to top Go down

What to do about fleas? Empty Re: What to do about fleas?

Post by Chris Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:47 am

Hi LouLou, if I get dogs in the salon with hitch hikers (fleas) I give them a Capstar, do the normal flea wash and dry thing then find most of the hitch hikers have moved on Smile
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:00 pm

I always over do it when dogs come in with fleas because I am worried that other dogs will get it or my dogs.

If you are still conscious their might be fleas still in your salon for others to pick up this is what another groomer told me to try. Over night leave on the floor a shallow dish of water with a drop of dishwashing liquid and leave a lamp on over the dish.

The fleas will be attracted to the light when they go into the dish the dishwashing liquid will remove their air bubble and the fleas will drown. In the morning it will kill any fleas left in your shop and if their are no fleas in the dish you know you have gotten rid of the fleas
Chase
Chase

Back to top Go down

Post by scallywags Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:52 am

Wow, that's an interesting theory. I might suggest that to a customer if they have a flea problem in their house and ask them to let me know the result.
scallywags
scallywags

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:28 pm

Thank you for your help, will try the dish of water...Those rotten things just don't want to die sometimes!!

I was grateful to get clean, well looked after dogs to groom today. Allows the nervous system to calm down! lol
LouLou
LouLou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down