Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

hydrobath  grooming  todd  savel  Courses  dryer  

Difference between Wahl #10 Blade and #15 Blade

5 posters

Go down

Difference between Wahl #10 Blade and #15 Blade Empty Difference between Wahl #10 Blade and #15 Blade

Post by jonappleton Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:15 am

Hi Folks.
I'm new to this forum, first post.
We have a small Spoodle and have recently purchased  Wahl KM-2 Clippers. The unit came with a #10 Competition Blade and 10 combs and we always use the combs with the blade. However, most of the documentation we have read advises using a #15 Blade on this type of dog and we don't have a #15. If we always use combs, is there any real benefit in using a #15 over a #10, or is the difference only noticed when using without a comb, ie a closer cut. Thank you.

jonappleton

Back to top Go down

Difference between Wahl #10 Blade and #15 Blade Empty Re: Difference between Wahl #10 Blade and #15 Blade

Post by scallywags Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

I use a #30 blade when I'm using a comb as it give you a smoother, finer cut. I actually don't have a #15 at all.
scallywags
scallywags

Back to top Go down

Difference between Wahl #10 Blade and #15 Blade Empty Re: Difference between Wahl #10 Blade and #15 Blade

Post by misskja Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:02 pm

Ditto scallywags. No.30 works the best with combs. I use a No.10 for sanitary, face, inside ears etc where required.
misskja
misskja

Back to top Go down

Post by vonbracken@gmail.com Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:16 pm

Hi, just found this forum and registered its great. Yes I use # 30 blade under a snap on and #15 or 30 for intricate areas

vonbracken@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snaggywoo Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:32 am

Me too. I use 30 blade under snap ons. It fits better and easier to get on and off and much better results as you say scallywags. I use the magnetic Andis steel combs. Sick of getting the comb on and then can't get the bugger to come off! I still have a 10 blade imprisoned in a Wahl comb that I've put in the too hard basket! lol!
snaggywoo
snaggywoo

Back to top Go down

Post by scallywags Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:03 am

Hi Snaggywoo,

Try attaching the blade (while still stuck in the comb) back onto the clippers, then you should have more leverage to be able to remove the comb by pushing up from the bottom of the comb.  Smile
scallywags
scallywags

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down