Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

grooming  Courses  todd  savel  hydrobath  dryer  

leasing a business

+4
Sinner
Tail's a Waggin'
jonna
spaniel_lover
8 posters

Go down

leasing a business  Empty leasing a business

Post by spaniel_lover Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:12 pm

hi everyone hope the festive season has been good to everyone
back in august i got a txt from a local grooming interested in leasing her business to me sounded ok so i said yes i was interested. well just after christmas i got a email from her with more details about the lease she wants $350 per week rent on the trailer plus i pay all other costs involved in grooming and care of trailer i expected that but the $350 per week was a shock thats $18,200 a year. what concerns me is i want to go back to school this year and do a Diploma of Animal Technology and then herbal medicine for companion animals.
i dont know what to do i want to do these courses thats where i want to be in 5 years time. i think the $350 per week has scared me more then anything else what if i get sick and cant work i dont want to work full time
thanks for letting me ramble on

spaniel_lover

Back to top Go down

leasing a business  Empty Re: leasing a business

Post by jonna Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:49 pm

That's alot.
Funny, I answered a craigslisting the other day for a similar. Here it's my gf Annie, She wants 125 a week. Need to call her. So much has happened to both of us apparently. I wish she would have listed months ago. She is in house. Also looking for someone to share her house. See isn't with OH anymore. Said I could move my trailer there, lol.
But anyway, I would pass this expensive opportunity up.
You will burn out and be stressed out.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:54 pm

$350 per week was a shock thats $18,200 a year.

You can buy your own trailer for that depending on what you are leasing.... Why pay someone elses off ???? Do your research on trailer. What sort is it ? How long has it been on the road ?
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinner Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:41 am

Follow your dreams....This qwasnt in your plan and you really aren't keen....Too many "what ifs" already. You need to start out on a venture excidedly....not so apprehensively!!! Thanks for the seasons greetinfgs and good luck with whatever you decide. Smile Smile
Sinner
Sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by spaniel_lover Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:59 am

tails it is a kings trailer that she owns outright apx 300 regular clients and 700 on her books

sinner i am not that keen

thank you everyone

spaniel_lover

Back to top Go down

Post by gumsgrooming Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:51 pm

That is quite expensive, I pay that a week to run my entire mobile business including $126 a week in car payments.
gumsgrooming
gumsgrooming

Back to top Go down

Post by mutleymanor Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Sounds expensive to me too, but I don't really have any experience with this stuff.
mutleymanor
mutleymanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cessnock Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:51 pm

no way IMO ..you can turn a box trailer into a mobile dog wash with roof & sides & install a bath/dryer etc for around $6000 ...enough to get you on the road & making $$$ ...I have made 3 over the years..one for a subcontractor....< no way would I ever go back there again...they sux !

If she is not working there will be plenty of people looking for a new dogwsh person ...a few ads in the paper & you would be on your way with no huge monthly overheads
Cessnock
Cessnock

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:39 pm

kings trailer that she owns outright

You could put yourself in a new King's dependng on the options you take. Wouldn't be red and someone we both know buy chance ?? Question Wink Your not guaranteed to keep those clients either.

you can turn a box trailer into a mobile dog wash with roof & sides & install a bath/dryer etc for around $6000

IMO still stick with King's or even Chieften with guarantee... Not saying it can't be done but with no experience your relying on others to do proper job that I've seen plenty stuff up Crying or Very sad ... To risky for newbie on road.......pale
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by DoggyDoos Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:56 pm

I agree with what everyone else has said. You would be better off starting out with your own trailer and getting your own client base. That way any money you invest is for your benefit and not someone elses. Also bear in mind that at the end of the lease period, you have no trailer & no clients to call your own.

Wouldn't be red and someone we both know buy chance ??
I'm tipping you are probably on the right track with that quote Sarah. Although, it may no longer be red.
DoggyDoos
DoggyDoos

Back to top Go down

Post by spaniel_lover Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:09 pm

tails no its white her other one was blue

the more i think about it the more i want to do the Diploma of Animal Technology and herbal medicine for animals, i would enjoy helping owners help there pets and make a living from when we move out of the city

gumsgrooming i would have to work my ass off as some of her customers are over an hour away

so i think i am going to decline the offer

thank you

spaniel_lover

Back to top Go down

Post by DoggyDoos Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Good decision. The more time you spend in the car driving to jobs, the less money you will earn.
DoggyDoos
DoggyDoos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down