Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

dryer  savel  todd  grooming  Courses  hydrobath  

Hendra Virus

2 posters

Go down

Hendra Virus Empty Hendra Virus

Post by Craig McDonald Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a computer nut. That's what I do every day - look after software for the pet industry, including you guys. The software is called PetAdmin Plus. You can google it, but it's not why I'm here.

I come across things from time to time and try to get the word out if I think it's important. If I'm off topic then I apologise in advance, but I think this is something that, if I get the message out as far as I can and it helps one person, then I've done my job.

It seems that the Hendra virus is going around horses in Queensland and it's a horrible thing, and it's been known to kill humans. However there has now been a reported case of the Hendra virus infecting a dog.

I'm not here to scaremonger, however I do believe a vaccination is either on its way or is already here.

I guess with Groomers, things like vaccinations may be taken into account, as one dog affecting another could affect your business. As dogs are in close proximity, things that were traditionally with boarders may need to be considered - quarrantine, vaccination certificates sighted, things that could otherwise adversely affect you (not to mention any vaccinations that prevent cross-contamination).

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. I really feel bad for any person or animal who is infected with this disease - it's a horrible way to go.

Best regards,
Craig McDonald
Craig Allan Solutions

.wysiwyg { background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-clip: initial; background-origin: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(83, 100, 130); font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; background-position: initial initial; } p { margin: 0px; }
Craig McDonald
Craig McDonald

Back to top Go down

Hendra Virus Empty Re: Hendra Virus

Post by Chris Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi Craig,

In my situation, no current vaccination no get into salon, if they cant supply I call their vet and they will supply current details. I then put this in my booking system and and I set it to remind me 4 weeks before due date.

I get clients say yes they are protected but when I ask for proof that's a different story. Common answer is do you know how expensive it is, ummm...yes I have 5 dogs with 2 of them over 15kg, oh and the other excuse is "they don't leave the yard"...hmm how does your fluffy get to the salon then magic carpet Smile
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Craig McDonald Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:47 pm

That's exactly right (from what I've heard). Some, as much as they believe they are talking about being good towards their pets, don't understand that they can put an entire business at risk, along with other pets that go through the doors.

15 kg is a fair sized dog!!

.wysiwyg { background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-clip: initial; background-origin: initial; background-color: rgb(225, 235, 242); color: rgb(83, 100, 130); font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; background-position: initial initial; } p { margin: 0px; }
Craig McDonald
Craig McDonald

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:50 pm

Craig McDonald wrote:

15 kg is a fair sized dog!!

Standard Poodles 1 at 35kg and the other 23kgs
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down