Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

todd  hydrobath  Courses  savel  grooming  dryer  

choosing a colouring product

+5
bluepoodle
pixiedust
shiveringpuppy
jonna
gumsgrooming
9 posters

Go down

choosing a colouring product Empty choosing a colouring product

Post by gumsgrooming Mon May 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Was wondering if you guys could help me. I want to offer colouring to my clients but can't decide what product to go with.
So far I have looked at dyex and pet esthe for permanent and have bought some pet esthe but want something for a more temporary look that would last only a short while so clients don't get stuck with it for 6 or more months like my JRT's tail

When I was in Ulladulla i got to use rusk scream which lasts for 3-6weeks but I have noticed alot of you seem to like manic panic. The big difference that i can see between the two is cost, rusk scream is $12.95 for 120ml and manic panic from the aus supplier i found is $22.95 for 118ml. Is manic panic worth double the cost of rusk scream?

Any advice on how you found any of these products or any other products you would recommend would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Carissa
gumsgrooming
gumsgrooming

Back to top Go down

choosing a colouring product Empty Re: choosing a colouring product

Post by jonna Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:14 am

(I'm not a color expert btw) I would probably have to consider how long you want the color to last. There is a thread here about that. I think manic panic comes out faster. You don't want your clients to get tired of seeing the color they chose. Better if you can change ot more frequently. JMO
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by shiveringpuppy Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:46 pm

No idea what you guys have over in Aussie but don't you guys have store that sell hair products like Sally over here?
Or some type of punky gothy shop like Hot Topic.. that sells dlff type of hair dyes?

shiveringpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by pixiedust Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:40 am

Another good place to check for coloring supplies would be ethnic beauty supply stores. Do you have them there? Mimi's is a good one here. I do not know if you can order from Petedge or Showseasons, but both have good temporary colors also.

pixiedust

Back to top Go down

Post by bluepoodle Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:46 am

Personally I love ethnic supply stores and wig stores, I am like a kid in a candy shop! Rusk scream is a fairly newer product here, and I have only tried the orange and yellow, with pretty good results but I think it lasts a fairly good amount of time like dyex.
bluepoodle
bluepoodle

Back to top Go down

choosing a colouring product Empty Hair mart

Post by doggygroomer Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi Guys
Im in Perth WA and our hair mart has now started selling some dog grooming products including dye so try your hair mart in your area.
Jo

doggygroomer

Back to top Go down

choosing a colouring product Empty Colouring

Post by oohlalapets Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:47 pm

I sell the Dyex and i have heard that they now have the semi colour in the Dyex which i am going to check into. So when i find out i will let the group know.
Carolyn

oohlalapets

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed and Biscuits Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:12 pm

oh, yes please that would be great!
Bed and Biscuits
Bed and Biscuits

Back to top Go down

choosing a colouring product Empty choosing a colouring product

Post by gumsgrooming Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:17 pm

yes please that would be awesome. Very Happy
gumsgrooming
gumsgrooming

Back to top Go down

Post by pixiedust Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:59 am

I would be interested in it too, I really like the vibrancy of the colors for the first two weeks, then I just want it GONE! LOL

pixiedust

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:02 am

I would love to try colour on my babies but do not want to be stuck with it for months so i would love to hear about this new product too
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

choosing a colouring product Empty Dyex colour

Post by oohlalapets Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:30 pm

I finally got onto the suppliers of Dyex - having phone problems Telstra grrrr- and there dye hasn't changed. They say it only is semin on coarse coats. They are lookng at if the manufacturers can develope of colour remover and this will take some time about 12 months. So i am sorry i am unable to help you all out with a semi at the moment but i will keep searching to see what else is out there. I was going to look at the Pes one how ever you spell it but everyone seems to have that so i want to try and have different products than my competitors. So i have the dyex and will search for others.
Carolyn

oohlalapets

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down