Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

savel  dryer  todd  hydrobath  Courses  grooming  

My crappy scissoring, and nice color on Natalie!

+5
mutleymanor
jonna
Fluffy
CoatCutter
lorie
9 posters

Go down

My crappy scissoring, and nice color on Natalie! Empty My crappy scissoring, and nice color on Natalie!

Post by lorie Sat May 22, 2010 1:55 am

My crappy scissoring, and nice color on Natalie! Third_12

I don't think I have the patience for this!! I don't wear my glasses and think I'm doing OK, then, I end up with this! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

My crappy scissoring, and nice color on Natalie! Empty Re: My crappy scissoring, and nice color on Natalie!

Post by lorie Sat May 22, 2010 1:56 am

My crappy scissoring, and nice color on Natalie! Third_13

I'm glad the average pet owner doesn't know any better!!!!

My crappy scissoring, and nice color on Natalie! Third_14

We went to a street fest and had fun!
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

My crappy scissoring, and nice color on Natalie! Empty Re: My crappy scissoring, and nice color on Natalie!

Post by CoatCutter Sat May 22, 2010 4:25 am

Crappy scissoring? That's a really nice topknot there... mine aren't that good most of the time Embarassed Isn't that why you got a standard? To help with your scissoring? Just whack her back on the table and go again Cool Which color is that... look too light for Manic?
CoatCutter
CoatCutter
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffy Sat May 22, 2010 8:57 am

What exactly are you 'not happy' with? Bad Hair is all a matter of perspective LOL

My crappy scissoring, and nice color on Natalie! DSCF0092

Fluffy

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Sat May 22, 2010 9:20 am

She looks nice Lorie. Your scissoring is good. You are like me, your own worst critic. We are so hard on ourselves aren't we.
Natalie is always welcome here. Mingo....such a diva.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by mutleymanor Sat May 22, 2010 9:22 am

Agree with Anthony and Tracy - good scissoring and will get better with practice. Both Mingo and Natalie look beautiful and I bet they wowed at the street festival. I love them - went to one with my friend Laura in New Jersey Very Happy
When you scissor remember to back brush several times and make lines on the dog (in your head), then scissor to them. The other tip is very thorough drying to get the coat as straight as possible. Hope this helps.....
mutleymanor
mutleymanor

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Sat May 22, 2010 10:23 am

Thanks, I've had a bad few days and was looking foward to some fun at the street fest, we did.
I was happy with the color, I used half a jar (Manic Panic) of a shade of blue and half a jar of hot pink, mixed with water and sprayed it on the washed wet coat. Left on for about 15 minutes...(I really prefer pastels...)I didn't want it to the skin cause I didn't know what the heck I would get. Shocked

I know I need to back brush much more Mut! I did, some, It helped with the "fade away" color, I think.
Certainly not perfect...Looking at the pics shows so much more of how I am not following thru with that Crying or Very sad

Anthony, thank you, I have a feeling you have done more topknots than I will ever see in my lifetime,considering Nat is the only stpoo I have to work on...and your gang Very Happy

Mingo's "divalicious booty balls" are pathetic.. she has such crappy hair and I hate "product" on her, it's a waste cause she wants OFF the table ASAP..

The best part is: a groom shop opened up! This is the next town over, I talked with him for a few minutes, he has been showing scotties since he was a little boy! We are going to "get together! i am looking foward to that! A FRIENDLY LOCAL GROOMER! A rarity here !
Thatks for the encouragement I love you
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinner Sat May 22, 2010 11:11 am

Love the colours.....and we ARE our own worst critics....do we ever do the same job at home as we do for others??? Ask any tradesman??? Glad you can catch up with a fellow groomer...Have fun. We Brisbanites still havent "got together " yet...There are 6 or more here on our small Island too that could "share" some time together...Just a case of organising and finding the time .... Very Happy Very Happy
Sinner
Sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by GroomRoom Sat May 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Sinner wrote: We Brisbanites still havent "got together " yet...There are 6 or more here on our small Island too that could "share" some time together...Just a case of organising and finding the time .... Very Happy Very Happy

I know aren't we silly, maybe now it is winter it will be easier to find the time to get together Smile
GroomRoom
GroomRoom

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

That's great Lorie. I think? Nothing like a little competition, gee I have tons here, lol. Hey girlfriend, don't forget to spray when scissoring. It really does wonders. You may want to get some crown royal for Nat and Mingo. I don't have any, I kave so much finishing spray I never pick any up at the trade shows.
Would love to meet your groomer friend next time I get up your way. I met a groomer online around an hour and a half away. She is mobile but I would like to meet her. We sound like we would get along well. You did get my email about next weekend? Doing hay hopefully. Well my back will be broken.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by pixiedust Sun May 23, 2010 10:22 am

Lori I love the pic of you and the girls, it makes me smile and just want to wave back at ya! I love the pastels.

pixiedust

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Tue May 25, 2010 1:33 am

HI Dawn, what have you been up to with your poo lately? Any pics for us?? Smile
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

Post by bluepoodle Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:50 am

Lorie you always do a lovely job on your kiddos, I still remember little mingo as a lamb, was adorable.
bluepoodle
bluepoodle

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:28 pm

oh gosh Iforgot about that! It was done in Dawn's class. Michael was so mad I shaved parts of her so short Very Happy

My crappy scissoring, and nice color on Natalie! Hershe10
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:28 pm

My crappy scissoring, and nice color on Natalie! Hershe11
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:29 pm

The Legs and ears were black with blow pens and came off almost right away!
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Well I thought she looked adorable. We had a good time in Hershey that year. Well, except for one night....Curt ruined it again. I wish you guys could come down and help me get my house finished. I am really under the gun here.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:51 pm

YOU SHOULDA SAID THAT LAST WEEK! Michael is finally going back to work!!!
I woulda sent him down there in a New York Minute!
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down