Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

dryer  hydrobath  savel  grooming  Courses  todd  

Aus Groom seminars

5 posters

Go down

Aus Groom seminars Empty Aus Groom seminars

Post by Admin Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:48 pm

i would be interested to hear feedback from anyone that did pay for & go to any of the seminars /classes at Aus Groom.

The trade show was an embarrassment,so i really hope the educational side of things was worthwhile.

anyone ???

Admin
Non Active Admin - Retired

Back to top Go down

Aus Groom seminars Empty Re: Aus Groom seminars

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:05 pm

There is some discussion on "Dogz on line" Forum about it. So far No-one likes the seminars. Present and past.

This year someone said they hated them and someone else said that in the past, the handstripping seminar was not true handstripping, but carding with a blade, so not happy.

Everyone hated the non-existant trade show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:09 pm

gee ,that sounds encouraging ! geek

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:20 pm

You should be able to view the topic, although unless you become a member you cannot post.

Go to dogzonline.com.au
Go to Forums (left hand side of page)
then Health & Grooming
then Ausgroom 09 post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:49 pm

oh dear ! that is bad. i never go to the forums there ,even though i am a member .
Thanks Andie

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petgroomaustralia Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:53 pm

Well I already knew the trade show would be small, after all it wasnt Pet Expo.

Last edited by petgroomaustralia on Sat May 15, 2010 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
petgroomaustralia
petgroomaustralia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacqui Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:06 pm

I went Sunday and Tuesday.
Judy the American groomer was good and had some interesting things to say. Although the Importance of the Bath seminar and How to Make Dead Coat Disappear presented nothing new.

On Tuesday there were 2 seminars about handstripping. One was presented by Deb Ryan who showed many different tools to use and covered (again) the life cycle of the hair and how thats used to get a nice coat going. I found this seminar interesting because ive never hand stripped a dog b4. BUT it was irrelevent to my salon as it covered pure bred dogs and we just dont see any (Welsh, Wire Foxies, Irish etc).
The Hand Stripping in the Salon seminar was probably the most informative for me in that it covered stripping to various degrees all kinds of coats and techniques.
I attended the Cat Stylist seminar too. I loved it! Annett and Karen were relaxed speakers and covered the basics. Wish i had the time to devote to cats in the salon. Just toooo many doggies!
I didnt attend the Bedlington, Kerry Blue or Dandie Dinmont - Ill read NOTES if i ever get one in.
The Westie seminar was drawn out but interesting to see one groomed PROPERLY from go to whoa.
The Generic Trim seminar was just someones version. Everyone has a version of their own "puppy' clip. Whatever works for you and the client i guess! Although if i blended as much as Judy does i think my wrist would give way way to soon. Cant see the point in going over the entire dog 3 times, but again its someones own version.
I was disappointed there wasnt more on basic generic grooming or dealing with matted coats or cranky dogs or or or......the list goes on.....

The trade show was dismal, to say the least. It was not worth the 250-300 per day. Its no wonder they dont get the numbers. Hopefully everyone filled in the questionaire so any issues can be addressed.

So thats my take on it.

Jacqui Smile

Jacqui

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:52 pm

Gee when you read the review from the other site we definetly got the better deal with Dinner, much more affordable, maybe not educational, but fun.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:30 pm

Just a thought but next year we should have a dinner in July.... Idea

Christmas in July.... santa rendeer Sleep Sleep I know I know Merry christmas in July.... Laughing
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:33 pm

Oh great another reason to pop over to Melbourne!!!...Keep it up girls and i will be a regular visitor..
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down