Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

Courses  hydrobath  dryer  todd  savel  grooming  

CALM dog water

+5
CoatCutter
Admin
kasz
Donna
justagroomer
9 posters

Go down

CALM dog water Empty CALM dog water

Post by justagroomer Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:24 pm

Has anyone heard of this mineral doggy water infused with flower essences.. at $4 a bottle does anyone actually believe in this stuff? drunken

heres the website if you want to look into it further: http://www.calmwater.com.au/home.html
justagroomer
justagroomer

Back to top Go down

CALM dog water Empty Re: CALM dog water

Post by Donna Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:34 pm

While i had never heard of this product i have used and had great success with Rescue Remedy ( a herbal product available from the health food store) to alleviate almost to the point of "curing" Roxie's very extreme reactions to storms. It contains flower extracts so sounds like it might be a similar thing and i would recommend it as stress/anxiety supressant. This would be a commercially expensive way to do the same thing as far as i can see. I could be wrong though... lol!
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kasz Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:37 pm

how bizzarre, I just actually watched a story on Sixty Minutes about this very thing. They basically said it's all a big marketing ploy, they tested major brands of the bottled waters a lot of us buy, both human and animals and all proved to be just ordinary tap water which had not even been filtered....very interesting...think I might go bottle some tap water , slap a nice label on it, sell it for $4 a bottle and become filthy rich!
kasz
kasz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:46 pm

kasz wrote:how bizzarre, I just actually watched a story on Sixty Minutes about this very thing. They basically said it's all a big marketing ploy, they tested major brands of the bottled waters a lot of us buy, both human and animals and all proved to be just ordinary tap water which had not even been filtered....very interesting...think I might go bottle some tap water , slap a nice label on it, sell it for $4 a bottle and become filthy rich!

we're 1/2 hrs behind...i'm actually watching it right now.

I have seen success with Bach flower essence/rescue remedy as well as D.A.P (dog appeasing pheremone)
some swear by vitamin B .

Admin
Non Active Admin - Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by CoatCutter Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:50 pm

Have you ever heard of the Rescue Remedy Night Formula? One of our clients said that they use it, and it's stronger than the normal stuff.
CoatCutter
CoatCutter
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:06 pm

No CC can't say that i have ...this 10ml is expensive enough ..would wonder if the super is dearer than the unleaded... lol! But wouldn't be without it
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kasz Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:44 pm

oops..sorry I should have looked at the website first, didn't realise it was this type of water..have also heard great results from rescue remedy for storm anxiety. next time I'll read properly before I post oops
kasz
kasz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:00 pm

I've heard quite a few stories and people recommending flower essences and Rescue Remedy. So i go and buy one of everything for my afghan who is nervous in the ring and sometimes drops his tail.... no difference whatsoever. I have several half used bottles of the stuff if anyone wants to try it.

I think it's like most herbal remedies, works for some, doesn't for others.

Back to top Go down

Post by pawsenses Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Andie - i have several bach flower potions to add to yours - can we do an auction?
Sorry, i don't mean to be cynical, I am a strong beleiver in herbal and alternative remedies. But when you have a serious issue with a dog - these will not suffice. Behavioural modification is the only way. The latter sort of training is as boring as watching paint dry - just constant repititions so you habituate the dog - an inch at a time to all stiuations. Hence many people have a struggle doing this

Jan
pawsenses
pawsenses

Back to top Go down

Post by StarDreaming Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:27 am

[quote="Admin
I have seen success with Bach flower essence/rescue remedy as well as D.A.P (dog appeasing pheremone)
some swear by vitamin B .[/quote]

Tammy how much vitamin B6 would you give a stressed out standard poodle of about 22 kgs - as you all know Boston is a rescue and he is great at home BUT when we go to ob training he stresses as soon as we drive through the gate.......... I would like to add this to his diet but can't find anything on the amount to give him.... any advise would be great...
StarDreaming
StarDreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:20 am

i have a client whose dog has extreme separation issues,as well as being nervous /over excited in social situations. They tried all the usual suspects without success.They have recently put the dog on melatonin with huge success. I dont know where they get it or the dose or how it is administered. If no one else here can shed any light on it,i will ask them next time i see the dog.

As for vitamin B i will try to scan and post the vitamin B section from Billinghurts book.If it doesnt work i will email them pdf to you directly.

CALM dog water Vitami10

CALM dog water Vitami11

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:24 am

sorry its sideways ..

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StarDreaming Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:30 am

Thanks Tammy ~ I really MUST get that book ...................... I'm going to start him on it in the next few days, when you see your client can you get some info on the product that they are using.........
StarDreaming
StarDreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:58 am

Andie/Jan ...Sorry to hear you had no success with RR......but it took Roxie ( a rescue dog with several issues) from a quivering panting drooling mess (and she used to work herself up to this b4 the storm actually hit) to one who will now sleep through a storm .....so hence my confidence in suggesting people try it...it is true not all things work for all dogs shame you had no success...Hope you find something that works for you soon I love you
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by petgroomaustralia Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:17 am

Just take the rescue remedy or the bach flower essences and addit to your water Kasz and you will have the Calm water. Its probably exactly what they are doing. I wont be wasting money on it, mine can slum it on tap water lol!
petgroomaustralia
petgroomaustralia

Back to top Go down

Post by justagroomer Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:19 am

I have a nervy horse that no 'calming' supplements will work on her. B vitamins also haven't done much. Like with this water I believe serious issues can't be solved with this kind of stuff. That 60 Minutes thing they did said it was good for dogs who are nervous, scared or aggressive! I'm a bit sceptical silent
justagroomer
justagroomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:46 pm

Bach Flower Remedies, Vitamins, Scent Water, Scotch, Boubon, Vodka or Bubbly Laughing drunken drunken drunken

Let's all have an EGG NOG for Christmas in July. santa rendeer
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum