Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

hydrobath  Courses  dryer  todd  savel  grooming  

Wandering Jew

4 posters

Go down

Wandering Jew Empty Wandering Jew

Post by CoatCutter Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:08 pm

Just wondering if anyone out there knows of a way of killing off this weed that is safe for dogs? Also, has anyone found something that will reduce the irritation caused by it too. From reading other forums, there is something called Peace and Kindness (forgotten who makes it) in the states... is it available here too?
CoatCutter
CoatCutter
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Wandering Jew Empty Re: Wandering Jew

Post by Admin Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:53 pm

thats a great question CC !
A lot of us would already know what a pest this plant is to virtually all of our furry friends. I suggest anyone who doesnt know about Wandering Jew,to learn a little about it. That said ,i dont know any foolproof way of removing it,but could only imagine that pulling it up by hand would be the most pet friendly way to go.
The product you mentioned"peace & Kindness',i believe to be a Chris Christensen product,but i havent seen it in Australia. It may be available,i just have not seen it anywhere myself.

Admin
Non Active Admin - Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatsntails Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:37 pm

Only one way to get rid of it - hard work - ie. no insecticide works because it can't penetrate the glossy leaves, so the answer is to pull it all out and destroy it. Not an easy task but the only sure way it does not come back. What about Aloe Vera for soothing the irritation, that is good, either the real stuff or commercial. Also what about a Pinetarsol bath, that certainly soothes irritated skin. Good Luck.
Coatsntails
Coatsntails

Back to top Go down

Post by CoatCutter Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:00 am

The reason I was asking was that I had a client come in about a week after I'd groomed her, and was scratching like crazy, so I asked a few questions, and it turns out the owners father was doing some work in the garden and the dog was out in the garden a lot more. Also, I vaguely remember on Burkes Backyard (or similar show) that you can cover it with newspaper and black plastic and leave it until it dies off.
CoatCutter
CoatCutter
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:09 am

i think i remember seeing that same episode anthony!!
You could probably use old carpet too. Burkes Backyard has an extensive archive online i think ,maybe take a look . Suspect

Admin
Non Active Admin - Retired

Back to top Go down

Wandering Jew Empty Wandering Jew

Post by Destiny Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:19 pm

I am in the process of killing off paspallin in my lawn. I spray with roundup, but then I cover it with wire, chicken wire or whatever, and put a few bricks under the wire so that you can keep the wire up off the grass. And the dogs cant get to it..
Destiny
Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum