Visitors Map

Keywords

Formulations for working out hourly rate for subcontracting or commission based pay?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Formulations for working out hourly rate for subcontracting or commission based pay?

Post by angelsmum69 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi I would like to connect to those who are subcontracting to a business.  I am curious how you formulate your wages/pay, whether you work on commission basis and what you expect to bring to a business in the form of equipment, insurance etc.  Ta Smile
angelsmum69

Back to top Go down

Re: Formulations for working out hourly rate for subcontracting or commission based pay?

Post by UNM on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:25 pm

angelsmum69 wrote:Hi I would like to connect to those who are subcontracting to a business.  I am curious how you formulate your wages/pay, whether you work on commission basis and what you expect to bring to a business in the form of equipment, insurance etc.  Ta Smile
Cant help from that side, but my liability insurance covers any subbies working for me. If I hired a subbie, I would provide the grooming trailer with dryer/consumables and expect them to provide towing vehicle, clipper/blades/scissors on a 2/3 1/3 split of takings. That would work out to about $25-35 wash and $40-50 clip for the subbie and leave me enough to cover insurance, maintenance, depreciation and ROI.

UNM

Back to top Go down

Re: Formulations for working out hourly rate for subcontracting or commission based pay?

Post by angelsmum69 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Thankyou UNM - sounds very generous! Who (may I ask) handles the bookings and advertising?
Question
angelsmum69

Back to top Go down

Post by UNM on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:31 pm

angelsmum69 wrote:Thankyou UNM - sounds very generous! Who (may I ask) handles the bookings and advertising?
Question
I dont actually have any subbies (want a job?), but as I am with a franchise, they handle most advertising and I would continue to handle new bookings. Whoever performed service would need to confirm any variation to normal schedule - using a shared diary system or CRM (Customer Relation Management) system helps avoid any conflicts. With more than one person in a business, paper diaries just don't work that well.

Lets face it, if you pay peanuts, what are you going to get? Pay a reasonable rate and everyone should win. 
Unfortunately, it seems common in the grooming business for people to look at short term return on individual jobs, rather than maintain customer loyalty by hiring the best and minimising staff turnover.  Maybe my approach wouldn't work in practice, but I've always tried to treat others with respect and value their contributions.

UNM

Back to top Go down

Post by angelsmum69 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:48 pm

What you consider fair seems very reasonable.  I don't want to do more subbi-ing at the moment thankyou.  I would prefer to build on my own business, where I can make my own decisions and allow myself to groom a dog in my own time. Maybe I'm just a bit exhausted today though and would consider it in the future! Smile
angelsmum69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top