Visitors Map

Keywords

First Aid Kit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First Aid Kit

Post by Sinner on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:45 pm

Just wondering what people keep in their first aid kits. I'm about to refurbish for the new year !! Very Happy Very Happy
Sinner

Back to top Go down

re: First Aid Kit

Post by kasz on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:32 pm

lets see....needle and thread for sewing up those big dog bite gashes....naaaah only jokin!!!

bandaids..lots of them, I tend to cut myself a lot (not the dogs thank god!) antiseptic cream and some betadine lotion, couple of bandages, saline wash. rubber gloves, cotton buds and balls, surgical tape, gauze.....I always carry a good pair of tweezers for hair splinters..also carry gaffer tape for hair splinters works well if you cant find em with the tweezers...slap it on your skin and rip it off. Oh and some paracetamol.....I think thats all. Be interesting to see what other have too.
kasz

Back to top Go down

Re: First Aid Kit

Post by Coatsntails on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:03 pm

I have roughly the same especially the betadine. I also have sachets of sugar. Reason being I was informed if you ever cut a dogs tongue it bleeds really badly, but if you put sugar on it, it helps stop the bleeding. This came from another groomers forum from a reputable groomer so I have no reason not to believe this. However (fingers crossed) I will never have to find out if this works or not. Anyone else heard of this?
Coatsntails

Back to top Go down

Post by Westie on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:10 pm

My husb had a hyper dog bite it's tongue and proceed to froth and bleed everywhere pale He went in to explain to clients who were understanding but it gave him quite a shock at the amount of blood. I will let him know about the sugar - he'll be thrilled! cyclops

Westie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum