Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

grooming  todd  dryer  Courses  hydrobath  savel  

test and tag of electrical equipment.

2 posters

Go down

test and tag of electrical equipment. Empty test and tag of electrical equipment.

Post by UNM Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:40 pm

I have been 'strongly encouraged' to ensure my mobile grooming salon and all related electrical equipment is regularly tested/tagged'. Rather than regularly hire someone to do this, I took it as an opportunity to broaden my skills. I enrolled in a course to be certified as competent to carry out test and tag work (completed yesterday) and am just waiting for my certificate and appliance test gear to arrive.

If any Melbourne groomers need their gear tested, I will be more than happy to provide my services for a minimal fee to recover some of my outlay. As a groomer myself, I understand the work environment and operation of equipment, so will likely do a better job with less disruption to your work than some testers.

Just thought I would make the offer, hope it isn't against site policy.

UNM

Back to top Go down

test and tag of electrical equipment. Empty Re: test and tag of electrical equipment.

Post by Chris Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:40 pm

Nice, have been looking at doing this, did you do the Workplace Health & Safety Module as well?

PS: I am in Canberra
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

test and tag of electrical equipment. Empty Re: test and tag of electrical equipment.

Post by UNM Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Nope. Just the test tag course. Some places are still doing it without requiring the safety course, but after mid March, it will be a prerequisite everywhere.

For me, time off work is hard, so an extra day or two would have been difficult to schedule. I know workplace safety basics anyway after over twenty years in the workplace.

UNM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down