Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

dryer  todd  Courses  savel  hydrobath  grooming  

Where to get cheap printing services for flyers etc.

+2
puddles
snaggywoo
6 posters

Go down

Where to get cheap printing services for flyers etc. Empty Where to get cheap printing services for flyers etc.

Post by snaggywoo Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi everyone

There are lots of printing services around but I'm wondering whether anyone knows of a place within Australia to get good printing services such as printed flyers for a good price?

And is dropping flyers a good way to get business for a new mobile salon? Or have you not found this to be very effective?

I'm thinking of establishing a relationship with pet related business owners in my area and leaving them bundles of flyers to give out to their customers. In return I have a spot on the door of my trailer that I'm going to entitle "Friends of Paws With Passion" and I will put their stickers/business name there in return to give them return advertising as customers will be right infront of the inside of my trailer door when they pick up their dogs.

I'm also thinking of having the "Friends of Paws With Passion" as a vertical column on the side of my website as another reward for business owners who support me by giving out my advertising.

I'm thinking of having on the flyer a coupon type offer so customers will bring the flyer back and I can make the flyers in a way that I can tell where the referrals are coming from.

What do you think?

Any suggestions are always appreciated Smile
snaggywoo
snaggywoo

Back to top Go down

Where to get cheap printing services for flyers etc. Empty Re: Where to get cheap printing services for flyers etc.

Post by puddles Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Try Vistaprint. They're cheap and quick, but they really make money on their postage! It's still cheaper than most other places.

puddles

Back to top Go down

Where to get cheap printing services for flyers etc. Empty Re: Where to get cheap printing services for flyers etc.

Post by gumsgrooming Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Flyers are great way to get new business. Vistaprint is generally cheap but you do get what you pay from from them and they charge a fortune on postage.

Check out your local printing places, most are happy to quote for you. I use Taylor print in penrith which is near me and pay $88 for 500 single side DL 150gsm gloss flyers and $150 for 1000 this includes them designing them for me.

Just looked on vistaprint and they are more expensive then what i pay for our local family operated business!!
gumsgrooming
gumsgrooming

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:21 pm

http://www.cmykonline.com.au/

These guys are the cheapest i have found so far. it also depends if you have art work ready or you require them to do your art work for you.

I dont know how much this is true but i heard that when you put your logo on vista print you give them permission to use your art work to give to others, I don't know how much of that is true never read the fine print but prefer not to take the risk.

I am getting a bunch of flyers and business cards from cmyk soon and from what i see what they cherge for 3000 A5 flyers is about the same as what others charge for 1000

Hope that helps
Chase
Chase

Back to top Go down

Post by snaggywoo Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:46 am

Thanks for that suggestion Chase. I checked out that website and they look pretty good.
Another quick question.....
When you have flyers printed to do deliver them to letterboxes in your area yourself or is there a cost effective postal service to do this? Australia post's prices to do this look quite daunting and only for large numbers.....
Or do you simply leave bundles of flyers at local vet's, pet stores etc. and rely on people taking them if interested?
snaggywoo
snaggywoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:16 pm

Whenever I take chase for a walk I drop flyers, for me I'm walking anyway so might as well save money. Usually you can piggy back on other companies that drop flyers to make it cheaper for them and yourself. Also if you can catch the person who delivers your local newspaper or junk mail you can make a deal with them as well they are doing the run already and they can also earn an extra bit of cash so it's a win win.

I also drop flyers at local business I find a good place is your local hairdresser or beauty salon becuase Women are usually the ones who make the choice of getting their dogs done and they have time to read your flyer while they wait.
Chase
Chase

Back to top Go down

Post by UNM Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:03 pm

Vista print are cheapest if you look out for their 'free' specials on the internerd. I recently got 250 business cards, a rubber stamp, a car door magnet and a pad of post it's for $14 delivered.

Don't go less than 100gsm paper stock, heavier is better

People delivering junk mail or local papers in your target area are good - you have some likelihood if they are already delivering that they will actually do as asked and not just chuck your flyers in the bin.

I don't need any extra business as I already have more than I can handle, but when starting out it was a different story. I tried letter box drops and got ten bookings from ten thousand.

Knocking on doors and asking for business worked better. Even if they don't have a dog, ask if a family member does and offer them flyers to pass on.

If I got a booking near a school I would aim to start shortly before end of school when parents are arriving to pick up kids.

I have never been keen on simply discounting services, would prefer to throw in a free extra that you hope they will purchase in the future - poo pick up bags, treats, leads - things like that. Or get them to make (and pay for) multiple bookings/refer a friend and EARN a discount.

UNM

Back to top Go down

Post by simplystylish Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:13 pm

I use a company based in Eltham Victoria , they print and distribute 14000 leaflets on a 6 week cycle , it works out to be around $65 a week , keep in mind that is the printing as well , they do it cheaper due to the commitment of it being a continual service .

The details are as such

ARC Business Strategies Pty Ltd

10/22 Bridge Street

Eltham Vic 3095

Office: 03 9431 6777

Mobile: 0406 603 949

Fax: 03 9431 6711

simplystylish
simplystylish

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:30 am

Thanks stylish will be checking them out
Chase
Chase

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum