Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

hydrobath  Courses  todd  grooming  savel  dryer  

convincing clients on japanese styles

+6
doghouse
jonna
schnauzergirl
DoggyDoos
yapidiyap
Chase
10 posters

Go down

convincing clients on japanese styles Empty convincing clients on japanese styles

Post by Chase Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:06 pm

convincing clients on japanese styles Poodle_looks_japan-asian-dog-grooming-chart-diagram

Don't know if this would help but thought it shows the different styles very well even though its in cartoon. heres them in real life.

convincing clients on japanese styles Japanese-asian-poodle-cut-clipsconvincing clients on japanese styles Japanese-poodle-clip-asian-cut-ppomsconvincing clients on japanese styles Japanese-poodle-clip-cut-2convincing clients on japanese styles Japanese-poodle-clip-cut-puffyconvincing clients on japanese styles Japanese-poodle-clip-cut0peace02convincing clients on japanese styles Japanese-poodle-clip-ears-groomingconvincing clients on japanese styles Poodle-cut-dreads-japanese-grooming
Chase
Chase

Back to top Go down

convincing clients on japanese styles Empty Re: convincing clients on japanese styles

Post by yapidiyap Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:12 pm

I love these cute styles
yapidiyap
yapidiyap

Back to top Go down

convincing clients on japanese styles Empty Re: convincing clients on japanese styles

Post by DoggyDoos Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:33 pm

I also love these cute styles, however, I doubt that any of my clients would want them. Pity!
DoggyDoos
DoggyDoos

Back to top Go down

Post by schnauzergirl Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:16 am

I think if you advertised them differently... I mean if I told my clients it was a pointy hair look they might refrain lol but if I showed them a picture and said 'How about this style of teddy trim?' they would be more into it. I love the cartoon diagram and will be printing it off to show my boss at work. I wish I could have a Poodle.

schnauzergirl

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:22 am

I love them too but I don't get any paets I could do that with.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by doghouse Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:13 pm

I do ALOT of Japanese cuts on poodles in my salon. I go to Japan regularly to learn further their techniques. Soooo much better than doing "traditional french" poodle cuts. I have brought back many magazines from Japan that just displays Poodles cut in many different forms & fur colours. I let the customers in my salon look thru the books (similar to when you go the the Hairdresser) , see what they like & I do the cut to match the dog & their lifestyle. End up with VERY happy customers & extremely CUTE dogs.
Keep showing your customers the Japanese cuts, they are so cute, once you have converted a few, others will start asking for it as well when they see how nice they look. Very Happy
doghouse
doghouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Ooooooo doghouse I have been trying to get my hands on jap mags for a long time. Can you post some pics of the japanese clips you have done or possibly some pics from the mag
Chase
Chase

Back to top Go down

Post by simplystylish Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Can you get those mags here in Australia ? or get them ordered to post here? I am always looking at advancing my skills .
simplystylish
simplystylish

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:57 pm

great video showing how to do anime grooms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7dQneOiueI
Chase
Chase

Back to top Go down

Post by UNM Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:59 pm

UNM

Back to top Go down

Post by mutleymanor Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:39 am

Chase wrote:great video showing how to do anime grooms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7dQneOiueI

This was really interesting - can't wait to go groom!
mutleymanor
mutleymanor

Back to top Go down

Post by misskja Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:54 am

Please don't take this as a criticism but I don't get these styles, could be the farm gal coming out in me :0). Although I love making a dog look fabulous, these styles just seem too contrived....am I missing something? Don't get me wrong I think that the groomers must be amazingly skilled. Thank you for a fascinating post nonetheless.
misskja
misskja

Back to top Go down

Post by DoggyDoos Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:38 pm

They make it look so easy.  I would be terrified that I would stuff it up, and then how would I explain that to the client????
DoggyDoos
DoggyDoos

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:25 pm

i Have tried out this style a couple of times since i posted this. I start out on dogs that have matted bodies but still  have a decent face because these clients are usually happy with what ever you do.

This is the first dog i attempted it on i was to scared to clip the side of the face so short because i didnt have much ears to cover if i made a mistake. i also did not have much head height to play around with and the beard was a bit wonky because the dog had had enough by this stage. since then the dog has come back and i have cut the sides shorter, rounder the beard more and added more height to the head and the little albino looks very cute. next time she comes in i will post photos of how she looks now but here is my first attempt

convincing clients on japanese styles Img_1012

convincing clients on japanese styles Img_1013

convincing clients on japanese styles Img_1014

on a final note this style is a lot easier on thicker coats then thin
Chase
Chase

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum