Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

savel  Courses  hydrobath  grooming  todd  dryer  

customer loyalty programs

5 posters

Go down

customer loyalty programs Empty customer loyalty programs

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:34 am

Smile

I was just wanting to know if anyone has a loyalty program for their customers? I am about to start my business and I was thinking of giving $5 off every 5th groom IF they book their dog in every 2 months for long haired dogs or at least every 3 months for short haired dogs. Also they would priority bookings in the peak times, (I think most groomers do this for their loyal customers, but I thought I would advertise it)

I'm not sure scratch

Back to top Go down

customer loyalty programs Empty Re: customer loyalty programs

Post by Cessnock Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:31 am

I dont put the prices up on regular clients....if they start on a $60 package they stay there as long as they use us exclusively :-)
Cessnock
Cessnock

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:40 am

I do as Cessnock but when I do have to increase prices, they get the smallest. I do not $$ off or buy 10 get one free things. I don't do perks for referrals but I will remember who is referring me and they won't get an increase.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by gumsgrooming Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:39 pm

I offer a preferred customer program. They have to book every 4 weeks alternating between a full haircut and a tidy. they receive a $5 discount on the haircut and are guaranteed a Christmas appointment that must be booked by November. After that i will allow other clients to book in for christmas.

I am still setting this up properly though so will see how it goes.
gumsgrooming
gumsgrooming

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:31 pm

Sometimes I wish I had a normal business so I could experience things like Loyalty Programs etc Sad
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:45 am

Hey, the only business I have left are my loyals....
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:02 am

I may have worded that wrong...for nearly 3 years my books have been closed and all I have is my regulars who are booked in up to 2 years in advance. The only new clients I get are when someone moves town or crosses the rainbow bridge so new clients and walkins are rare as hens teeth.
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:27 am

Poodle antics I would love to think that my business would get to be like yours!
Maybe it's a good idea to have a loyalty program at the start when your trying to get clients then get rid of it after a certain period of time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:50 am

animalia wrote:Maybe it's a good idea to have a loyalty program at the start when your trying to get clients then get rid of it after a certain period of time?
Sounds like a good idea Smile
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Tail's a Waggin' Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:43 pm

In the begining Animalia I too experimented with similar ideas and I agree it is a good way to establish some new clients however you will soon find out who is loyal and who is not. You are already on the right path and believe me if you are good to your puppies and do quality work you will always be busy. You'll notice from some of my other posts which may sound negative that it is important you make your business work for you. I'm also heading in the same direction as Chris which is amazing. Word of mouth is a powerful tool. My wallet is full of loyalty cards doesn't mean I rush to fill them for freebies. Consider also your offer as you wouldn't want to spend a week being hit with full loyalty cards. Wink
Tail's a Waggin'
Tail's a Waggin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Cessnock Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:33 pm

^^^ totally agrees with Tails ...try to do things that make your loyal clients feel special....the fancier bows, bandannas, nail polish, discounts on the take home shampoos etc ....a free eye/face trim in between grooming visits....keeping prices the same.... I find even when you spend 5 mins tiding the face & butt for free on a regular ..they tip you on the next groom anyways & the word of mouth it generates you cannot put a price on...people love to be made to feel special & they will keep coming back if they know you care about them & their dogs they are not just a number in the books.

If you dont know who your loyal clients are just yet...dont worry you will real soon..they are easy to spot !!
Cessnock
Cessnock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down