Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

todd  Courses  savel  hydrobath  dryer  grooming  

Setting up a small salon

+8
Cessnock
mutleymanor
jonna
doglover
Chris
CoatCutter
Donna
gumsgrooming
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Setting up a small salon - Page 2 Empty Re: Setting up a small salon

Post by tezzymusic Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:39 pm

I haven't got a grooming salon to set up, not even equipment but you give me an idea of what should be it like and what should I need.

Thanks,

tezzymusic

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:48 pm

Every salon build and equipment is different. I would be correct in saying there are no 2 salons built the same (i hope)
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:12 am

That really all depends on the shop set up and dimensions. Outlets, plumbing, doors and windows. and all of us do have our own personal preferences. Depending on the equipment you plan on using will also impact your design. You will have to give us a bit more info...
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by pazu Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi gumsgrooming (Carissa),

I know this topic is from a while back, but I have some questions.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of arrangement do you have with your vet? Do you pay a set fee every week, like a rent? Or do you pay a percentage of your earnings? Specific numbers would be appreciated, if you don't mind...

I'm asking because while I'm working at a vet right now, I'm on commission but they have so far failed to get me the much needed equipment I requested (like a HV). And another vet has asked me to work for them. I haven't talked in detail with the potential boss yet, so I am asking so that I would know roughly what is reasonable to ask from them.

I would love if it could be my own business operating out of the vet clinic. Much better control of things...

Thanks!

pazu

Back to top Go down

Post by snaggywoo Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:39 am

If you can get in with the vet clinic that would be a fantastic idea.

Saves any hassles with modifying your home and it won't matter if you need to move house. It will also make you more visible and you won't have the risk that people won't come to your home because it is out of their way etc.

It is also an unsaid endorsement by the vet that they are willing to have you on their premises so people will automatically trust you more.

It would probably be worth the rent or commission they charge you (as long as it is reasonable) as this location will bring customers and trust in itself Smile
snaggywoo
snaggywoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2