Australian Pet Groomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Visitors Map

Keywords

todd  Courses  grooming  hydrobath  savel  dryer  

Cat Grooming Seminars with Danelle German

+3
jonna
CoatCutter
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Cat Grooming Seminars with Danelle German Empty Cat Grooming Seminars with Danelle German

Post by Admin Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:13 pm

i nearly gagged when i saw the cost, but i do hope it is well attended.

Admin
Non Active Admin - Retired

Back to top Go down

Cat Grooming Seminars with Danelle German Empty Re: Cat Grooming Seminars with Danelle German

Post by CoatCutter Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:08 pm

So you won't be coming then? It's literally 10 minutes from me, but not sure if I'll be going Shocked
CoatCutter
CoatCutter
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Cat Grooming Seminars with Danelle German Empty Re: Cat Grooming Seminars with Danelle German

Post by jonna Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:08 am

Wow. That's a bit much but if you wanna groom cats I would do it. You need alot of cat clients to make it worthwhile. I only get 2 a year.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:58 am

OMG, spoke to one cat groomer here in Canberra and she said she would have the course paid for in 1 day with some left overs for a drink or five, are we missing out on a slice of the market, no I would say as I would rather be bitten by a dog than scratched by a cat IMO Smile
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:05 am

There is good money in cat grooming. I tried it after taking a class from Danelle but I truely hated it. I am a dog groomer for sure.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by CoatCutter Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:19 am

PoodleAntics wrote:I would rather be bitten by a dog than scratched by a cat IMO Smile

Or be bitten by a cat. Most dogs hold back a bit to warn you, but a cat is full on first go. Masking tape takes care of the claws Shocked Cool Twisted Evil Hmmm, maybe the mouth too... sarcasm on Just kidding on that one...
CoatCutter
CoatCutter
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:00 pm

I only really like to when I have a helper. I passed one of Danelle's tests but didn't continue. Honestly, I was in over my head with the colors. I can groom a cat without knowing what the correct color it is.
Would I like to rattle off the rare breed and name everything about it? Sure, but it's like math to me. I suck at it.
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:18 am

I never get help. It sucks. The owners try to help but they just get in the way. Yeah I let cat people stay. Why? so they can see why I charge what I do.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:24 am

I have an owner that stays and she tells her cat to bite her and not me. The cat listens and bites her and not me.
Honestly, I do not encourage this but the lady is nuts and thinks her cat is a person. Like, duh, only dogs are persons.. Laughing
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:16 pm

rofl Lorie you are a crack up!!!! that was a good one!!
Donna
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:26 am

lmfao
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by CoatCutter Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:07 am

way cool Good one Lorie
CoatCutter
CoatCutter
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ashababe2002 Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:13 pm

I love danelles ways of grooming cats, Im a big cat groomer myself, id rather cats then dogs, yes im crazy lol.
I just wonder who trained danelle? and what can she teach me i didnt learn from years of experience and training in groominng cats without sedation. It also is very expensive for me as i am in perth Sad
Im not really into reverse clipping a cat on a #10 either, not good IMO.
ashababe2002
ashababe2002

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:53 am

reverse 10 is the best on a cat. They get velvety smooth. I have never groomed a sedated cat, just sober ones. I think she learned by trial and error. Years worth. Did I mention I hate cat grooming????
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by ashababe2002 Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:38 am

i cant do a reverse 10 on a cat cos even a number 10 freaks out my clients (too short apparently).
ashababe2002
ashababe2002

Back to top Go down

Post by jonna Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:17 pm

Wow. U should post some pics. What length do u use? Any longer blade is dangerous with that paper thin skin. The few snap ons I did I made sure I used my clippervac so it looked much better. May as well just bath them if they're not getting a really short clip.
It really isn't noticeably shorter but it is a much more even finish.
jonna
jonna

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:38 am

I believe Danelle started out by showing cats.
Reverse 10 on a matted cat works great, and feels pretty safe, even on the one that's trying to get away. I have to say, I have the best groom when I have a helper.
I don't really have cats that come in for regular grooms, they usually are "emergencies", (fleas or lots of mats, or really greasy, filthy). of some sort. Except the one who bites her Mom.
lorie
lorie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down